33

Like one more Chapter left, peeps.. Also, should I republish Phantom? Or do you want a New Halloween Story? 

"This apartment is the worst thing ever." I complain to Steph, who was silently walking into the room.

"Shut up, unlike Nate and Morgan, we were able to get a new house, they can't. This is all they have until the Penthouse is done." She scolded.

After everything happened, Steph and I decided to buy a new house instead have ours rebuilt, so we are staying with Nate and Morgan until we find one. But Morgan took Nate's information about their apartment, and explained to the Police that their house was destroyed in the mix of this whole thing, so the township of Burbank basically provided them with a place to stay until the Penthouse is back.

I mean, I guess they buy a new house, but all their is right now going towards, bills and the unborn baby.

Stephanie and I are basically running around doing errands for Morgan. She wants to do them herself, but she told herself she couldn't, because her boyfriend's life is more important, and he's not doing very well. Nate can't really go either, because he's still recovering.

Steph sighed then looked over. "Look, this is difficult for them right now. We are all trying to recover from this horrible experience, and for some reason, Phoebe and Brett are the only ones on their feet at this time. The four of us lost our homes. Ours burned to a crisp, and Nate and Morgan's was broken into and destroyed." Stephanie said to me softly. "And it's harder for those two, because they lost their house and they are expecting a baby, with very little money." Steph said to me.

Everyone found out that Nathan Smith was still alive, and the news wanted to do a giant article about it, claiming that the missing musician that was reported dead was found months later in a building along with other known YouTubers.

"I know." I say silently looking to the younger couple, asleep on the couch. Nate was asleep sitting up, because according to him, it's most comfortable to sleep like that, and I don't blame him. He was stuck in that position for several hours. Taking a glance at him, I notice the faint blood stain on his shirt. I guess he needs to redress those stitches. Morgan might have to do it, because apparently, Nate doesn't do it right.

He's stiff and I don't blame him. I don't know what happened to him while he was in that building. All I know is that he was stabbed in the abdomen.

After a bit I look away glancing to the young expecting mother beside him. She was carefully curled up at his side careful not to hurt him more.

I'm won't be surprised if those two are traumatised at all. Morgan was kidnapped and almost lost her baby, while Nate was controlled, kidnapped and tortured. They should be terrified right now. Especially since the life of their unborn child was almost taken.

"You know... I really hope that their house is done before the baby is born." I say silently to my wife before turning to her.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

"Because they won't have the comfort of their own house with the baby. If they have the Penthouse back, I feel it won't be as difficult as it would be taking care of the baby here."

Stephanie looked at me then sighed.

"I don't think they care. As long as the baby is healthy and... well, alive, I don't think they care where they are." Stephanie calmly explained.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say, looking to them.

I freeze as Morgan slowly opened her eyes.

"Oh hey." She whispered, as she got up.

"Did we wake you?" Stephanie asked.

"No, but you might wake him up." She said looking over, as she walked to the little kitchen in the apartment.

"How you feeling?" I ask.

"Just sore and fat." She joked around, taking a bagged sandwich out of the fridge.

"Fat? No, you look fine." Stephanie said. "You look great for 5 months."

"No, I feel like a planet.." Morgan said to us. "I can't wait for this baby to be out." She added.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I say to her.

She glanced to her boyfriend then grabbed a teabag from the cupboard.

"Have you two thought of any names?" Stephanie asked her as she silently made tea.

"We were talking in the hospital. We were talking a couple times, but two of those times, he was on drugs, and wasn't much help." She explained, making her tea. "But, the one time he wasn't on meds, we talked. I knew he was tired, and he was pissed off, so I only listed off a couple. He didn't take much interest in them, but he told me he was fine with any name."

She went silent for a moment, sipping her tea.

"Then he said a name, that worked for both genders." She said.

I look at her, then watched her drink her tea. "And that is?"

"Rin."

"Yeah."

"It's nice." I say.

"Yeah." She said looking over to her sleeping boyfriend. "This really effected him. He's traumatized... I really hope he bounces back before the baby is born."