15

This house is silent. I don't understand anything anymore.

Something is happening. I feel like we're about to end. Everything is gonna end.

At this moment, I'm searching this wreaked apartment that Nate owned. I'm going find as much as I can before we leave.

Nate had made a map. It was weird. He drew it out, gave it to me then disappeared. I know he's looking around. This map is quite detailed. He knows a lot. He managed to locate every ruined place in Los Angeles. Every safe spot, every dangerous area.. Literally everything.

I'm not sure how he did it, but hey, it's better that we have it.

We need to get out here. The way Nate's acting, is telling me we'll need to run soon.

After a minute or two, I close the bag I found in Nate's closet. I pretty much gathered everything I deemed useful, in this house.

We'll leave tonight. We have to. We have no choice.

Setting the bag on the counter, I gather the little things Nate bought from Wal-Mart, shoving them into the final bag.

Right now, I have three bags of supplies.

A small bag on the end table in the living room, contained an even $300.00 that Nate managed to pull up out of the blue. I think it was money from his channel, that was never spent.

Leaving the bags on the counter, I walk down the hall, finding Nate, sitting on his bed, with some extra supplies, and a piece of paper.

"Hey." I say, getting his attention.

He looked at me, his bangs covering his left eye.

"Hi."

"You ready?" I ask him silently.

"Nate--"

"I know where they." He suddenly said to me, not looking up. "Morgan, Stephanie, Phoebe."

"Wait, what?"

"I know where they are." He then lowered his gaze again. "But.. Not very many of them are alive. Brett's dead -- Phoebe, Morgan and Stephanie remain."

How does he know this. How did.. Is he?

"They won't get away with this." He said, narrowing his eyes. "If they kill her. If they lay one hand on her. I swear by it, I will end them."

"Nate?"

"They gave up. They couldn't find me, so they gave up.. But now -- it's after us... It's after me."

"Nate?"

"We need to be ready for anything."

"But Nate.."

"We aren't running anymore. We're fighting. Morgan and Stephanie will survive. You will survive."

He then fell silent. The look in his brown eyes told me he was serious.. and he's right.

"What about you?"

"As long as you guys live. I don't care what happens to me." He sighed. "As long as Morgan and that child lives."

He begun wrapping some bandages around his hand and wrist, as he looked up. I only look at him, backing up.

"We're leaving soon. You're ready I hope." I ask.

"More than ready." He narrowed his eyes, glancing to the picture he left on the broken night stand, "I don't know about you. But I'm not running anymore. I can't afford to run." He looked up at me, moving his bangs away from his eyes.

Giving Nate a look, I sigh, trying not to provoke him. He's been scaring me lately. The way we acts, the way he is. He's just terrifying me.

"When do you wanna leave?" I ask him.

"I can't risk being seen in the daylight.. We leave at night."