31

"Morgan?" I look over, seeing the young lady with short brown hair step out of the darkness with her baseball bat.

Brett, Stephanie and Phoebe appeared shortly after.

"Clipping that tracking device to you wasn't a bad thing after all.." Morgan breathed, as she looked down. "Lead us right to you!"

"Yeah, it was a good move." Stephanie added on.

Brett looked down silently to the man lying unconscious on the floor.

"So, is he dead?" Phoebe asked me.

I kneel down to the man lying on the floor. "I don't think so, but I think he'll stay knocked out until the police get here." I say then looked up. "You did call the Police, right?" I ask.

"Yes, as soon as we got your location, we called them and told them to come to this location." Phoebe explained, looking around. "This place reeks like dead people!"

Morgan then suddenly gasped looking over, before dropping her flashlight as if something crossed her mind. For some odd reason, I thought something happened to the baby but then I realized she is only 4 months pregnant. If she had that baby now, there will be a big problem.

"What?" Brett asked, looking over.

"Nate!" She suddenly squeaked, shoving me out of the way.

"Oh my god!" Phoebe whispered as she turned. "No.."

Morgan suddenly dove down. "Someone help me untie him!" She panicked, looking over.

Brett and I go over to them. I untied the ropes, as Brett carefully lifted him. I'm sure he has no weight to him. He made no movement at all. He didn't even flinch. He's barely holding on.. He's hardly fighting for that last thread of his life.

Brett laid him down on the cold floor, which made Morgan instantly go over to him. "Nate?" She whispered, with a whimper. "Nate.."

He fell completely still for a moment, and I panicked, fearing he was gone. He let go. I wouldn't want him to suffer. I don't blame him. He suffered long enough, him holding out this long is impressive.. If he lets go now... At least he isn't suffering anymore.

But I sigh in relief when I felt the gasp for air.

I slowly stand up, as Stephanie and Phoebe walked to my side. They were both silent, as was I... There was nothing to say now. I feel as if no one should say anything.

"Nate.." Morgan looked up.

He's not moving. I'm scared.. He finally let go..

I saw tears well up in her eyes, as she closed her eyes. She just hugged his frail body gently, resting her forehead against his. "Please.."

We stood there silently, as she held him to her body, her forehead pressed to his.

We were all silent for five minutes. He still wouldn't move. I suddenly heard her break out into sobs. All I heard was her pain fill cries.

"Please!" She cried. "Please don't leave me! I need you! Please.. Please come back, Nate... Please.." She sobbed, gently hugging his frail body. "I love you."

I feel her pain. I didn't even do anything, and I feel as if this were my fault. He's suffered and now she has to suffer.

After another silent moment, he suddenly coughed, moving slightly. I look up, seeing Morgan look up, her eyes wide in surprise.

Something told me, he was so close to letting go, then he heard her. It won't be me who saves him..

It's her. He knows it's her.

He heard her.