5

It was dark. I saw the figure looming over my friends body. Was this what nate was talking about? What was after him? What took the girls?

Frozen in spot, I watched it crawl around. Stopping near Nate, I closed my eyes not wanting to see what was going to happen. But then I realized this thing could just kill Nate while I'm not looking. Opening my eyes, I can still see this thing in my view.

Looking around, I spot the shovel Nate was beat with. Picking it up, I run back to where I was.

"Hey!" I yell, swinging the shovel, hitting the hooded figure. It screeched then took off into the darkness, leaving Nate and I alone.

"Nate?" I kneel to the ground, lightly tapping him. I heard a small groan from him, only to have him open his eyes. "Nate?" I ask quietly.

"What happened?" I hear him ask, as he sat up. I helped him up, sitting down.

"Uh. You got beat in the head with a shovel then I beat the person who beat you with the exact same shovel." I told him quietly. He removed his glasses, wiping some blood from the side of his head.

"That's instresting." He sighed, slowly standing up, only to lose his balance. I stood up quickly, catching him from falling.

"How's you're head?" I ask him.

"Eh. Hurts. But I'll live." He sighed quietly.

"Should we--"

"What's this?" I hear Nate ask, as he cut me off.

I look at him. He's holding a small chip. It had blood on it.

"I dunno." I admitted quietly.. "Maybe it's from that person." I say.

"Hmm." He sighed.

We both froze when I heard a loud cracking noise.

"I think we should just go.." I whisper, before grabbing Nate's arm, pulling him out of the building. It was raining again when we left the building.

"So?" Nate asked taking out of his keys to his car. "Where to?"

"The only place we can go is my house." I say quietly.

"Mhm."

"Want me to drive?" I ask Nate.

"I'm fine. Why?" He asked, looking up, wiping the blood away from his face, fixing his glasses.

"I mean, you kinda got beat in the head with a Shovel. I don't think you should be driving now." I say.

He gave me a look, then sighed quietly. "If you wanna drive you can." He said quietly, handing me the keys. "But, do me a favor, and don't crash it like my friend Hunter did."

"I won't." I laugh quietly. I guess it's a good thing I can drive standard.

"Look, Nate. I'll drive. Maybe you can get some rest." I reluctantly took his car keys. Silently, we walk to the car, which was parked ways away from the building in a dirt parking lot.

The rain made it hard to see the car in the dark, but the flashlight Nate had helped. Glancing over to Nate, I could barely see the blood run down his cheek from the rain.

Making it to the car, I check my phone realizing the time. 10:12 am. Maybe some sleep is what we need now. The morning, after we sleep will a better time to talk about what has been going on.