22

"Okay, where do we start then?" I ask, standing up as Brett slowly got up as well.

"We go get Morgan and Stephanie, then we form a plan." He started. "Do you have a car?" Brett asked.

"I mean, I have Nate's Toyota." I answer him.

"Nate doesn't own any other car." Brett turned to me. "Why would you point out that its a Toyota?" He asked.

"I dunno, but we have Nate's car." I tell him.

"That's all we need!" He took my answer, before heading out.

"The car may need gas!" I call after him.

"Putting Gas in the car is easier than finding Nate, now lets go, FatPat!" He told me with an insult.

Is it because I ate that Donut I told myself I wasn't going to eat..

I'm getting distracted.

Blinking in confusion, I follow Brett, uncertain on how this will play out.

--

It took the rest of the day to locate the place Morgan and Stephanie were. We picked Phoebe up on the way, then made our way to this unknown place.

 "Huh?" I start utterly confused looking at the place, as Brett pulled into the dirt parking lot.

"This is the place." I hear Phoebe say to me, from the back seat.

"This is the building Nate took us to, three months ago, after he told me everyone was missing." I reply to her, givin her a look.

"Yeah, I know." Brett answered me. "Nate brought you here for a reason."

"He did?"

"Nate is smarter then you clearly realize." Brett told me. "Someone told him to bring you here, he told Nate to kill you. But he didn't."

"Nate was in on this the entire time." Phoebe added on.

"How do you know this?" I ask.

"Whoever first captured us, isn't the sharpest tool in the shed." Phoebe explained. "He stupidly revealed his plan to us. He told us everything. Nate is just his puppet, and the reason 'they' want him dead, is cause Nate disobeyed him."

They? Them? It makes sense.

Nate kept saying "They" and "Them." It wasn't a They! It was really a Him!

"Wait!" I start. "So Nate actually knows what's going on?" I ask.

"He does, yes." Brett said.

"He didn't want to, but the kidnapper told us, Nate had no choice." Phoebe told me.

"No choice?"

"Well, the guy said if Nate didn't do as he said, he'd kill Morgan. So Nate agreed, even though he didn't want to."

"So, Nate basically made a deal with the devil to keep Morgan alive?"

"Well, I wouldn't say Devil, but yes, Nate did make a deal with someone to keep Morgan alive." Brett made his point.

"He has no control of his life. He's being controlled." Phoebe said.

"That actually makes sense." I start, with a wandering thought.

"How?"

"The night Nate went missing, he snapped. Not like he went insane kind of snapped, but he wasn't himself. He said something to me, but it wasn't him speaking." I explain.

"So, it's a ghost?" Phoebe asked.

"I wouldn't say Ghost!" I say.

"I would." Brett corrected me. "This guy is really sketchy, and I wouldn't see Nate making deals with someone like him."

"But you said he agreed to keep Morgan safe." I question.

"He did, but he was forced to do something he didn't want to do. He was supposed to kill you. He only got so far, before he snapped out of it. He got you to this building, but never went through with what he was doing. Now everyone in on this little scheme is after him."

"So, what do we do?" I ask.

"We get Morgan and Stephanie, and then we find Nate." Brett told me before getting out of the car.

I follow him, with Phoebe trailing behind me. I don't want to be here, but I feel like we might find clues here. Maybe we'll find Nate here.

Brett went around back quietly, with us following him. I saw him slide a window open, before looking at me. "Let's go get the others."

With a quick glance, Brett jumped through the window. Phoebe followed him, and I did shortly after.

Inside this building was dark. It scared me.

This erie feeling I have.. Maybe Nate is here.

"Brett, there's no one here." I tell him.

He looked around then sighed.

"Yeah you're right. Maybe if we --"

He was cut off as he was hit with something. I only stood there as he dropped to the ground.

Looking up, I see a small figure walk out of the dust, holding a baseball bat. Upon further Examination, I smile, realizing who it was.