28

MATTHEW

I couldn't sleep that night. No one was sleeping now.

Too much was in my mind.

We formed a plan, and it starts at midnight. We leave at midnight.

I was sitting by the door, but I found myself looking up, when Stephanie walked to me, sitting down.

"Morgan is a sleeping." She told me. "For some reason, for at least an hour, she panicked, sensing that something went wrong. She can't keep stressing, any distress to her, will effect the baby." My wife added.

"Yeah."

"But at least she is sleeping now. Something really spooked her, and I don't understand what."

"Well, as long as she is fine now, then it should be okay." I say , looking down at my watch.

10:59.

"Hey." Stephanie started to me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really want to do this?" She asked. "Risk your life?"

I look at her, then sigh. "I have to.. It's the only way to get rid of this creep... And to get Nate back."

She looked at me. "Yeah, but what if something happens? What if you don't get Nate back? What if you don't come back? What if I don't see you again?" She asked.

"I'll be fine. I will come back safely, and I will bring Nate back, alive!" I tell her. "I promise."

She looked at me, then sighed... I fell silent for a moment looking away.

I don't know what to expect.

What if I don't come back? What if I don't find Nate?

Or worse... What if we both don't make it out alive?

--

I found myself in the middle of no where at 12:45 in the morning. I was walking down the streets of Burbank alone, and I knew that if I kept walking I would find what I was looking for.

I hated walking in the dark by myself, it always scared me.

Something distracted me. I freeze as something ran past me..

Upon further examination, I realize it was a black cat.

With a sigh, I continued walking.

"Well, you showed up, Matthew Patrick!"

I intantly stopped, looking around.

"Hello?"

Looking behind me, I see a shadow behind me.

Is it Nate?

No, I know Nate. He'd never use my full name. Besides, the mans physical appearance was nothing at all like Nate's.

"Can I help you?" I ask as I start walking backwards, and he followed me.

"I've been waiting for you." He chuckled. "He said you would show up."

Who said? Nate said? He's alive?

I saw the man look at me with a wicked grin. That's when I started feeling scared. Feeling Threatened.. I'm in danger.

"Don't be afraid, I am not going to hurt you." He suddenly said, looking down. "You have nothing to fear."

"Why should I trust you?" I ask backing up.

"Do you know what it's like?" He asked, turning to me. "What it's like to feel empty? To be soulless? To feed on living humans? To live on their fear?"

"To know, there's a person out there you wish to kill, though no matter how much you try you never succeed?"

"See, I don't want to hurt you, Matthew Patrick, but I have no choice. I have to."

"Don't worry." He finally walked up to me. "This will only hurt for a moment." He said to me before everything suddenly went black.