Chapter 13: The Light in the Dark

Dallas and I kept running north west to Manehatten, where the rest of my group was. I could only think of Tirek destroying the city with fire and smoke consuming it. Equestria has given me a terrible time ever since I arrived here, I just hoped of returning home where everything was safe, well partially. Dallas seemed to be having a blast exploring this strange world, I wondered what he was thinking about when he met Starlight, probably cursing. I shook that thought away because we were passing the Everfree Forest. I had to get focused before I get jumped like when we were in the Changling Kingdom. The sky was turning a dark night blue just like Luna's mane and coat.
"Dallas," I said gasping for air, "we need to rest, I can't keep going much longer." Dallas started to slow down till he stopped completely.
"Yea I agree, we need to save our energy for the future, just in case we need it." Dallas replied exhausted as well. We got started on making a camp with all the essentials like a fire, tents, and safety. I decided that we should have a conversation till we went to sleep.
"Hey Dallas, have you seen anything weird about these ponies?' I asked Dallas.
"What do you mean?" He said to me.
"I mean do you see anything weird on the ponies?" I replied.
"Oh you mean on their flanks? Thats their cutie mark." Dallas answered. I was confused on what a cutie mark was till Dallas told me that a cutie mark is what shows anyone that it is that ponies special talent. After that conversation, we went to sleep. I dreamt of Equestria being burnt down bit by bit till there was nothing more but ash and dust. Twilight was the leader of the resistance and I was a soldier for her. I was called out on a mission to help a resistance colony in the North rebuild their settlement after Tirek's forces attacked and destroyed it. The mission was all going according to plan till Tirek himself showed up, killing me and the rest of the colonists in process. I jumped out of the nightmare to see that it was starting to turn daytime. I got up, made a note for Dallas, and continued to Manehatten.
"What the hell was that all about? Is that what is going to happen to Equestria if we don't stop Tirek? No, I won't let that happen. I wont let Twilight and everyone else down. We came here to stop him and that's what we are going to do." I thought to myself. I got to Manehatten in twenty five minutes. I snuck into the hotel and went to Twilight's room. I knocked on the door and Rainbow Dash opened it. She was surprised to see me with her wide pink eyes.
"Hey Rainbow, can I come in please?" I asked Rainbow Dash. She opened the door wider to let me in. I entered the find no one else in the room.
"Hey Rainbow Dash, where is Twilight and Fluttershy at?" I questioned.
"Well you see Brad, when you went fell into that hole, Fluttershy came back to get help but when we went to where you fell you were gone. Twilight and Fluttershy went out find you but they never came back. Where did you go anyway?" Rainbow replied.
"I apparently was taken to the Canterlot caves. I found Luna there but I also found Tirek. WAIT WHAT?! TWILIGHT AND FLUTTERSHY ARE MISSING?!" I said.
"Yea, they went to Canterlot to talk to the princess but they never came back." She answered. I never passed Twilight and Fluttershy when I escaped the caves. Then the ground shook with the strength of a magnitude 7 earthquake.
"Brad, come out or see your friends die!" The voice called out to me, it was Tirek. I rushed outside with out a care of being spotted by civilians. I ran into a clearing by the city, Tirek was there waiting for me. He had Twilight and Fluttershy in what looked like bubbles. Tirek was larger than I last saw him. He looked down at at spoke.
"Well well well, look what we have here, the human." Tirek said.
"Let them go Tirek, this is between you and me!" I yelled.
"If you want me to release them we need to make a compromise, you give me your energy and I'll let your friends go free. Deal?" He asked. I didn't understand what he meant by 'give me your energy.'
"Don't do it Brad," Twilight said, exhausted.
"Yea, dont listen to Tirek he is lying." Fluttershy added.
"What do I do? I want to free them but if I do I'll probably die, but if I don't he'll kill them. I can't decided!" I thought, "I want to save them but I don't want to die, I have more of my life to live, but a life compared to a world is nothing. I made my decision. HEY BITCH!" I yelled at Tirek, "I'LL DO IT JUST PUT THEM DOWN." Twilight and Fluttershy were floated down to the ground and released. Tirek picked me up, with his magic, up to his face.
"I thought you would be more resistant but you made a good choice," Tirek said, "I guess since that you are not gonna stop me I'll tell you my plan. I'm going to use your energy to open a rift in time and space so I can conquer Equestria and your world at the same time."
"WAIT! You didn't tell me about this, its unfair!" I said to Tirek.
"Life is unfair, now I'll take your energy and finish what I set out to do in the first place." Tirek told me. His mouth opened wide and I could feel all my energy leaving my body, it hurt like hell. I struggled but I lost to much energy to move. I started to see a bright white light as all the pain I was suffering from went away and I went limp. I died, I knew I had to of or else I would be still be breathing. I saw what looked like a door across from me. I floated to it and went in it. I could feel cold stones beneath me and a voice spoke to me.
"Brad get up we need to you get up, Twilight and Dallas needs you." The feminine voice said.