Chapter 7: A Whole New World

"Get ready, we are about to exit very soon." Starlight said, looking at me. I started to brace myself like a trooper on the battlefield would, head down and alert. It felt like we were going through the portal forever but in real time it was only a couple seconds. I could see a bit of green ahead, so I braced myself even more. The exit was only a few seconds away when it looked like I was drifting away from it. I was confused, why was I moving AWAY from the portal. I tried to look for Starlight but I couldn't see or hear her. I turned around to find that a large red hand was pulling me away from Starlight and the exit! It keep pulling me back with as much force as a eighteen wheeler. I started to panic, fighting, struggling, calling out for help, you name it. I then realized that I had a pocket knife in my bag from the preparations I made for the journey to Dallas' house. The knife was way smaller than the huge hand pulling me away, but I just did it anyway. I pulled out the knife and started to stab the large red hand, it let go after about ten to fifteen stabs. I saw another portal exit and I went to it without even thinking. I entered the portal only to find that it was above a dark forest, way above. Everything went black after I looked down, did I mention that I was afraid of heights?
"Ugh, what happened," I thought. I could hear growls, not angry ones but hungry. My instincts told me that I was in danger but my mind told me that I was safe. I opened my eyes to find that I was in a dark forest full of black trees. The growling was getting louder. I turned around to find more evidence that I was in an alien world, wolves made of wood. It was almost impossible for me to move as fear took over. One lunged at me but a new stranger jumped out and took one of the weird wolves out. It was another pony but I wasn't sure if it even WAS a pony, it looked more like a zebra.
"Are you in the mood to be the timberwolves food?" The zebra looking pony said, "don't be a glut run for the hut!" I ran as fast as I could, probably faster than a cheetah. I saw what looked a like a large hut, so I just ran inside and hid until the mysterious pony ran back, slamming the door behind her.
"Where are you from to be so dumb?" The pony said.
"Umm, Earth." I replied to her. She looked surprised, not like she didnt know, but like she DID know.
"Stay here dear," the pony told me as she was walking to the door, "I'll be back with the pack." I nooded as she left and all could think about was what she ment by "pack". Thoughts ran through my mind.
"Was she talking about the weird wolves? No, they wanted to eat her too. Twilight and the rest? Maybe, but does she know her?" I said out loud. The wait was very long, so I was getting bored. I saw a big cauldron with lots of ingredients on the shelves. I got up and decided to make some soup since I was very hungry. I  picked up anything that looked like food and put it in the cauldron, nothing happened. I thought it needed to be stired but just I decided to lean over the top, it erupted giving me third degree burns immediately. I screamed out in pain and almost immediately to door opened with Twilight, Dallas and the zebra looking pony. Dallas was the first one over to me.
"Dude what happened, are you ok!?" Dallas questioned.
"Yes im fine, despite the fact that I HAVE THIRD DEGREE BURNS!" I yelled. Twilight ran over to check me out with her magic.
"He is in very bad condition, we need to get him to a hospital right away!" Twilight said still checking me out. I was picked up with Twilight's magic, it hurt even more then just laying on the floor, but I fought through it.
"God damn this hurts!" I cried out, "how far is the closest hospital?"
"Just out the Everfree Forest, which is what we are in right now." She answered. I sat in pain for almost five minutes before we got to the hospital. There were other ponies their as well, but it was hard to see as the boiling water got in my eyes also. I was taken to a room where I was put under Anesthesia and fell asleep.
"Brad, its time to wake up, come on man." I could hear from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in a room that was made of wood, not the best decision in the world. I could also see Dallas, Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Starlight.
"Look he's waking up!" Pinkie Pie said.
"Um, we can see that Pinkie." Rainbow Dash replied to Pinkie Pie.
"Hell yea, your up!" Dallas said, "the nurse said you were doing good so we came in to see you"
"How long have I been out?" I asked.
"About two hours, the nurse did a very good job patching up your eye and cooling you skin." Twilight answered. I tried to open my left eye but I couldn't, it was like it was sewed shut.
"Woh there sugercube, what Twi was trying to say is that... well... how can I put it gently? You have no left eye anymore." Applejack said to me. I started to panic again, but Dallas hugged me.
"Hey, can we have some alone time it has been a long day for him, we just need to talk." Dallas told the seven. They nodded and left the room, leaving the room to just me and Dallas.
"Dude, was my eye that bad?" I asked.
"They said it was to bad to heal so they took it out, trust me I almost cried when I heard about what happened." Dallas answered. I just wanted to cry but I couldn't, all I could do was dry cry.
"Shhh, its ok," Dallas told me, "we're here, we're in Equestria. We'll find Luna and head home, trust me."