Jealousy can kill

[8] I wasn't even here for twenty minutes and I wanted to go home already, but I found myself wandering in the quiet garden, away from Diego. It was nice out here, the roses were big and colorful. The grasses were green and shiny with water sprinkling on them. The path led me down a fountain that was pouring down water like a waterfall. The lights were so nice, giving the garden a nice feeling.

I trailed my fingers on the roses as I walked down the path and sighed deeply, pulling away to walk toward the bench. I sat down in front of the fountain and stared at it. "What is such a beautiful woman doing out here alone?"

I brushed my hair back as I sat up straight, my cheeks heating up. "Just thinking I guess." I responded with a shrug as I looked away shy, brushing my hair back. "Can I sit here?" He asked as he pointed at the empty space next to me and I nodded my head at him. "Thanks, I hope your mate doesn't mind." He asked me curiously and I shook my head at him, looking away.

"Don't worry, he won't." I shrugged my shoulders and sighed, recalling the fight we had before coming here. I don't know what was wrong with him, why the sudden jealousy? The nerves of him! "Where's your mate? This is a party for mated Alphas so I'm guessing you're mated too?"

"Sadly, my mate and I aren't on good terms." He responded with a sigh as he leaned down the bench. "We're kind of on a break, we came here tonight because we had to." He turned to look at me and I laughed softly at him.

"Tell me about it. Me and my mate had a bad fight before coming here. We took a year off because we were together since we can remember. We kind of lost ourselves you know, our identities. We took a year apart to find our identities but he chose to stay single."

"Oomph, that's awful." He laughed with a nod. "And here I thought my love life was miserable." I laughed shortly at him as I shook my head. "Let's go inside, your mate is probably looking for you."

"I don't think so." I shook my head at him as we stood up and walked back toward the party. "My name is Leanne by the way." I stopped and gave him my hand to shake. "Marko." We shook each other's hand and before I could register what was happening, Diego came out of nowhere and pushed Marko away from me.

I gasped loudly in shock as Diego hovered over Marko. "Diego! What's wrong with you? Let him go!" I pushed his shoulder back and took advantage of the space to hold his shoulders as I pushed him back.

Marko stood up and wiped his bloody lips, licking his lips. "Don't you ever! Come near my mate you hear me?" He shouted angrily at Marko who nodded his head and shot me a small smile before making his way back inside. "What the hell were you doing here alone with him?" He stared at me pissed off but I was sick of him, sick of this jealously he never showed and fucking sick of that same old love.

"You ruin everything." I gritted out word by word before turning on my heels and walked away from him, not wanting to be even a centimeter close to him. "I ruin everything? You were flirting with a mated person." He shouted behind me but I ignored him, making my way up the stairs and into the party.

"I'm bad luck baby, you know, follows me around everywhere I go and I don't need your sympathy, no I need a fuckin' miracle, oh. Red wine, teeth stain, it's been a long day, I just want your love not your money. Leave me here, I'll be fine, I'll wait for the stars to align."

I walked back inside and started to make my way toward the stairs, some of the Alpha pairs were dancing on the dance floor. I walked through them to make my way out of this party and away from Diego but my arm was grabbed, soon after, I was whirled around into Diego's arms.

"'Cause oh, how the other half live with their perfect skin and oh, how I'll never be, never be just like them." I tried to roll my wrists around to get free from his hold but it was impossible, the people were looking at us and not wanting to make a scene I stopped.

"Let go of me now Diego." I gritted out between my teeth dissimulated and gripped his neck tightly, his arm around my waist and his hand interlaced with mine as he moved my body forcedly on the dance floor.

"Don't you dare make a scene." He gritted back out in my ear as we moved in sync to the beat and I huffed, pinning my lips together as I narrowed my eyes pissed. I caught my mother dancing with my father and she gave me an approval smile, if only she knew.

"So, I, I, I'm waiting for the afterlife, to show me a good time baby, somebody save me. I just wanna be loved." I wrested my hand out of his grip and shrugged my shoulders back as I pulled away from him, his arm slipping from my waist as I turned around to leave.

Everything happened in slow motion, the moment I pulled away from him. The moment I turned around and walked away from him. Everything happened in slow motion, the people dancing were slowed down. The room around me seemed to be in slow motion, I couldn't hear the music playing anymore.

My body skipped around the slow motion room as I tried to get away from Diego. The moment he grabbed my arm and whirled me around to flush me against his body, everything went back to normal.

"I, I, I'm waiting for the afterlife, to show me a good time baby, somebody save me. I just wanna be loved." He grabbed the back of my head and cupped my mouth with his in a passionate kiss that felt demanding and rough.

"Don't watch tv no more, the news fucking scares me we world war, and I don't wanna run away, no. I need a fuckin' holiday so, bad blood, bankrupt, out of love and luck I'll get the keys to your Murciélago. Another drink will save me through, feeling invincible so."

My eyes widened and my arms slouched on either side of me as he held my back in a tight grip, his hand moving down the back of my neck as he deepened the kiss. My eyes fluttered on and off, not wanting to give in but as he kissed me harder and more passionate my eyes found themselves closing.

The music around us mute, right now in this exact moment everyone disappeared, it was just me and him. My arms tilted up and wrapped themselves around his neck as my mouth moved in sync with his.

I forgot how his lips tasted, I forgot how warm his arms were when they were wrapped around me. I forgot how it felt to have him so close, the energy shocking through our bodies. I forgot how he made me feel, I forgot how it felt to be like this with him.

Hidden desires inside of me that were long forgotten set me in flames, my body was on fire. I wanted to be touched, I wanted to feel his skin on mine. My body was craving him more than ever.

My wolf that has long forgotten that I existed, took over my body. She made me know that she was alive once again. She showed me that this is how it's supposed to be, here is where we belong, in his arms.

We pulled away from each other with an evident sound that we had been kissing indeed passionately. "I, I, I'm waiting for the afterlife, to show me a good time baby, somebody save me. I just wanna be loved." The song ending was just the perfect timing to avoid the awkwardness afterwards.

"Diego, I want you to meet some Alphas." I sighed in relief when Diego's dad appeared, breaking our shocking staring stare. Damn, that was one hell of a kiss. "Calm yourselves down, you two can't go wolf right now."

My cheeks heated and I pressed my lips together, fixing my lipstick as I looked away. He gave us a grin before taking Diego away. "I'm happy that you two are finally getting back to your senses." My mother said as she appeared behind me and I gasped softly, putting my hand on my heart.

"No mom, what happened back there was just a moment of weakness. I'm going to make illusions while he's going to ignore me the next day like this never happened. Been there before so many times, and I'm not going back to that."

"Honey, if you think that way you guys will never be together again. I know that you guys have been through a lot, I know that he did something's that hurt you but at the end, he will find his way to you."

"So what are you saying mom? That I need to see how he enjoys life and kiss other girls until he comes to his senses? No mom, what Diego and I once had is over for good. When this event is over, he will be the same heartless piece of shit he has become."

"Honey..." My mother called out as I walked past her.