The closer you are to me, the more it hurts

[4] "Honey, is it you?" My mother asked doubtfully and slowly as she stood up from the sofa and made her way toward me, pulling me into a tight hug as she gasped at my state and sobbed. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened? Olivia said she brought you here last night but you didn't come home to sleep, what happened?"

We pulled away from each other and I inhaled deeply as I looked up at her, exhaling as I stretched my lips in a sad smile. "Nothing happened, I don't want to talk about it." I said not in the mood to go over my breakdown and squeezed her hands.

"You don't want to talk about it? You don't want to talk about it?" Diego raced over me pissed off and I flinched away from him, my hand moving back as he tried to touch me. "You were gone for hours! Your mother didn't sleep at all last night and you come now saying you don't want to talk about it?"

"It's none of your business." I spat out at him as I slapped him on the side of his mouth, "Don't look so worried, that mate act doesn't suit you. You look pathetic." I put my palm on his chest and dug my nails in his chest as I gritted out bitterly.

"What happened? Why did you slap my son?" The luna asked outrageous as Diego looked away as his chest rumbled, his canines barring at me. "You have no right to be here, don't let me remind you how your night went." I pressed my nails harder in his flesh, his eyes going wolf as he fought for control.

"Stop it! You're hurting each other." The Alpha barked at the both of us but I didn't care, he thinks he can mess around and come back in my life when he feels like it? I'm not a puppet. He grabbed my wrist and held it tightly and so did I with my grip.

"Más cerca, mas dueles." I choked back the tears as I removed my hand from his chest and touched my bleeding mark, raising my palm up for him to see the blood on my hand. "I don't know why you're here, go! I'm sure Sophia will love your company because I don't need it." I stared at him deeply in the eyes before turning around and rushed up the stairs, slamming my door close as I made my way inside my room.

I ran my hands through my hair as I turned around and paced around, inhaling and exhaling deeply as I took my earrings off. I walked toward my nightstand and put them on it as I unzipped my dress and yanked it off my arms and down my body.

I made my way to the bathroom and took my underwear off, getting in and twisted open the handle. I crossed my arms over my chest as I ran my hands up and down my arms, my head tossed back as tears fall down my cheeks.

My mark throbbed, pulsing and beating as it ached. I hissed, fingers clenching and unclenching as I gasped, gritting my teeth together. The mark dripped as blood poured out of it and I cried out in pain at the ache as it glowed up and burned my skin. I clutched my neck as I sunk down on my knees on the shower floor and sobbed hard, my body hovering over as the mark burned my skin.

I coughed out heavily as I tried to breathe and choked up, my body leaning down on the ground as I curled up my body and let the water pour down on me. The cold only soothing some of the pain I was feeling, I felt numb, weak and out of strength.

My whole body pulsed as the mark throbbed, racking with sobs I tried to hold my bleeding mark, the pain worse than anything I've experienced before and he had caused it, Diego caused all of it. I don't even know why he's doing here if he doesn't care, why does he makes me bleed if he doesn't care?

Can't he just leave me alone once and for all? Is that too much to ask?

The shower door was slid open before my body was picked up from the ground. "Why are you here Diego? Didn't you cause enough?" I spoke in a small voice, my eyelids heaved with building tears. He ignored me as he hooked his arm under my legs and back, my arm lazily hooking around his neck as he walked us out of the shower and out of the bathroom. 

My mark stopped bleeding but it was still glowing but on and off. I was placed on my bed and I covered my body with the sheets immediately, moving my wet hair back. He walked back into my bathroom and came out with a towel, sitting on my bed as I dried my face and neck.

Our faces were so close, the need to be together was strong but after what happened between us I can't just take him back. Our lips brushed and before he could deepen it I pulled my lips away from his and smacked my lips together.

I took the towel away from his hand and wrapped it around my body as I stood up, walking toward my walk in closet. I dropped my towel and got dressed for the day, not caring if he sees me or not.

I walked out of my closet and headed to my vanity, sitting down as I completely ignore him. He stared at me through the mirror and I tried hard not to look his way as I brushed my wet hair up in a pony tail. Time to time my eyes would meet his and as soon as our eyes connected I would look away.

"Leanne, can you look at me?" He asked me after a few moments in silence and I took a deep breath, putting the brush down as I turned around to face him. "What do you want Diego? Why are you still here? You don't understand that the closer you are to me, the more it hurts." I gritted out with hurt in my voice as I gripped at my heart and pointed at the door. "Just go."

"You just can't tell me to go, it's like you're throwing me out of your life." He replied back hurt too and I pinned my lips together while breathing in and out, looking into his eyes as he walked toward me. Wow, look how the tables have turned. He threw me out of his life and now I'm supposedly throwing him out of my life? 

I scoffed, shaking my head. He's such a joke, "How can you be so selfish? You threw me out of your life long time ago and now you're acting hurt? I'm just doing the same thing you did. Remember what you said when you threw me out of your life? Our relationship is not healthy anymore Leanne. It's toxic." I barked out at him with gritted teeth, "Don't come at me with that petty look on your face, it's pathetic and ridiculous."

I wanted to step back but I stayed in place as he hovered over me and yanked me to him. "Yes, I'm selfish because I don't want you out of my life. For once in my life, I don't care what you think about me." He hovered his lips on mine, taking them in a passionate kiss that left me wanting more. My hands moved up his upper arms and through his hair as he held my back in a tight grip.

We stumbled back at how much force we both were using but the hold on my back kept us in place as our heads moved left and right, forgetting to breathe as our lips stay attached. I felt myself being lifted from the ground as he grabbed my thighs, holding me close to him as we kissed roughly and needy.

My back was pressed against the wall as Diego pinned me against it and held my wrists above my head, taking my lips once more in a breathless kiss. "Diego go." I said breathlessly as I pushed at his shoulders and he groaned, kissing me harder.

I closed my eyes back and ruffled my hands through his hair, our tongues having plans of their own as they messed around hardcore that we found ourselves on my bed. With pain in my heart I detached our lips from each other. "Go, Diego go." I looked away from him and closed my eyes as I pressed my lips shakily against each other. "If you ever loved me, just go."

"You know it's not fair." That was the last thing he said before I felt a strong wind and when I opened my eyes I was left alone. I turned around in my bed and pulled my pillow closer as I cuddled against it, letting the tears fall once more.

Short, I know. Sue me.