Love only causes pain

[3] I flung my hands at her as I slapped her, but this time three times. "Damn Leanne, I let you give her one hit and you throw three?" Olivia said as she pulled me away from her, gripping my body tightly. "Get away from me because the next time, I will leave scars." I barked out at her and she touched her cheeks, glaring at me before strolling away.

I huffed, turning around when Olivia let me go and ran a hand through my hair, "Damn girl, these drinks got you mad crazy." Olivia said exhausted and I scoffed with a shook of a head, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Forget her, I'm not this uncontrolled but she just." I grunted pissed, "She just gets to me. I can't bare see her, all I see is her and Diego kissing and it just makes my blood boil." I cursed underneath my breath as I ran my hands through my hair.

"One last song?" I nodded my head at her, I really needed a song right now. She grabbed my hand as we made our way on the heart of the dance floor. "She tells him, "Ooh, love, no one's ever gonna hurt you, love. I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you. Stay out there, stay out there. She tells him, "Your life ain't gon' be nothing like my life. You're gonna grow and have a good life. I'm gonna do what I've got to do. Stay out there, stay out there."

We jumped around to the beat of the song, our hair moving side to side wildly as we sang along to the song. "So, rockabye baby, rockabye. I'm gonna rock you. Rockabye baby, don't you cry. Somebody's got you. Rockabye baby, rockabye. I'm gonna rock you. Rockabye baby, don't you cry. Rockabye, no. Rockabye-rocka-rocka-rocka-bye. Rockabye, yeah, oh, oh. Rockabye-rocka-rocka-rocka-bye."

"FUCK you DIEGO!" I screamed on top of my lungs without knowing that Diego was somewhere in this club, watching me closely from above. "Single mama, you doing out there. Facing the hard life without no fear, yeah. Just so you know that you really care 'Cause any obstacle come you're well prepared, oh, no. No, mama, you never shed tear 'Cause you have to shed things year after year and you give the youth love beyond compare, yeah. You find his school fee and the bus fare, yeah."

We had big grins on our faces as we jumped around, hands in the sky as we ruffled our roots and swayed our hips side to side. "Now she got a six-year-old, trying to keep him warm, trying to keep out the cold. When he looks in her eyes, he don't know he is safe. When she says, "Ooh, love, no one's ever gonna hurt you, love. I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you."

I whirled around on my heels, swaying side to side as I moved my hips. "So, rockabye baby, rockabye. I'm gonna rock you. Rockabye baby, don't you cry. Somebody's got you. Rockabye baby, rockabye. I'm gonna rock you. Rockabye baby, don't you cry."

I looked up at the ceiling, hands in the sky and body jumping around freely. The music ran through my system, letting me lose control. "Oh-badda-bang-bang-bang, alright then. Rockabye, no. Rockabye-rocka-rocka-rocka-bye. Rockabye, yeah, oh, oh. Rockabye-rocka-rocka-rocka-bye. Rockabye, don't bother cry. Lift up your head, lift it up to the sky. Rockabye, don't bother cry. Angels surround you, just dry your eye."

My hands slowly moved down to touch my face and neck, moving slowly down my chest and body. My body swayed with the beat and I closed my eyes for a few seconds, "Now she got a six-year-old, trying to keep him warm, trying to keep out the cold. When he looks in her eyes, he don't know he is safe. When she says."

"She tells him, "Ooh, love, no one's ever gonna hurt you, love. I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you. Stay out there, stay out there. She tells him, "Your life ain't gonna be nothing like my life. Stay. You're gonna grow and have a good life. I'm gonna do what I've got to do."

I buried my fingers through my scalps, my head moving side to side as I swayed my hips to the beat, dropping down as I ran my fingers down my face. "So, rockabye baby, rockabye. Rockabye-rocka-rocka-rocka-bye. I'm gonna rock you. Rockabye baby, don't you cry. Rockabye-rocka-rocka-rocka-bye. Somebody's got you. Rockabye baby, rockabye. Rockabye-rocka-rocka-rocka-bye. I'm gonna rock you. Rockabye baby, don't you cry. Oh-badda-bang-bang-bang, alright then. Rockabye."

I lifted my hands in the air as I danced, looking up, my eyes meeting a pair of eyes I used to love. Sophia smiled, touching his face as she kissed him, closing her eyes as she added tongue. I looked away, rolling my hips as I danced, tossing my head aside to side as I tangled my fingers through my hair. "Let's get to the bar to get some drinks before leaving." Olivia told me and I nodded my head at her, my eyes glancing up at Diego as we made our way out of the dance floor and toward the bar.

I ran my hands up and down my arms, suddenly not feeling confident at all. Just like that, poof, goodbye drunkenness, all the strength floating away, leaving weakness. He was here with Sophia, I was here to get over him and he was here with another woman. How can I be confident after that? Knowing that he choose someone better over me?

If I was better, he would have come back to me after the break but he never did. What did all those girls have that I didn't? I suddenly felt down and sad, my mood changing completely. "Leanne? Hey? Are you okay?" Olivia touched my shoulder and brought me out of my state. "What's wrong?" I closed my eyes shakily as tears coated my lashes and I pulled her into a hug.

"He's here, he's here Olivia. He doesn't even care about me." I wiped my hot tears away from my face and leaned my head on her shoulder as I hugged her tightly. "I mean nothing to him, nothing."

*

I cried to Olivia in the car, we talked heart to heart for hours. After I told her that Diego was at the club, she dragged me out of the club and we went in the city, buying something to eat and drink before heading home.

We eat in the car and after my breakdown and our heart to heart talk, I said my goodbyes to her and watched as she drove away. Instead of going to my house, I took off my heels and put them on the door, not wanting to ruin them as I went for a walk barefoot.

The soft dirt massaging my feet as I walked for a bit to get my mind away from things, and really think about my life. Did I want this? Did I want to be lonely and hurt? Why do I still have his mark on my neck if we aren't together? Why do we have a stupid bond if it doesn't work anyways?

Tears filled my eyes again at my thoughts and I felt on my knees as I sobbed loudly, my hands clutching at my neck as I doubled over and cried my heart out. "Why? Why me? Why me? Oh God, it hurts. I can't I can't. It's too much." My shoulders shook violently with my sobs as I leaned down and curled in a ball.

I closed my eyes as the tears fall repeatedly and rocked my body back and forth as my cries echoed through the quiet woods. The cold wind brushing against my petite form, making me curl up more as I hugged myself and let the tears flow.

-

-

-

The sun blinding through the trees made my body react to my surrounding, my ears sharpened and the sound of birds and trees made me jolt awake. My arm shielded my eyes from the sun as I brushed my body from branches and rocks.

I ran a hand through my hair and took the branches out as I stood up on my shaky legs, stumbling a little but caught myself. My bare feet stepped on the ground as I made my way back to my house.

My face felt sticky and was itching from yesterday's cry and the mascara that ran down my face. I shakily pressed my lips together as I thought about last night, taking a deep breath. I made my way out of the woods and walked to my house, opening the door.

The house was filled with angry chatter and cries, my parents were in the living room with the Alpha and the Luna of our pack. My mother was crying while Diego and my father were in a heated discussion as the Alpha tried to intervene.

"This is all your fault! You were supposed to take care of her but no! You'd rather whore around instead of looking after her, your mate!" Diego growled at my father, his chest rumbling as he barred his canines at my father.

"Look who you're talking to like that." He yanked my father's hand away from his chest and stepped back just as I closed the door. The room became quiet at that and everyone turned to look toward the door as I made my way inside.