The moment you leave them speechless

[5] I walked inside of the class with my books plastered against my chest as I walked toward my seat and sat down. The entire lesson I looked out of the window and didn't pay attention to what the teacher was saying. Monday, will and always will be the worst day of the week.

The bell rang and I stood up, stopping when Sophia blocked my way. "You better back off from my man, he doesn't want you anymore." I leaned my head back with a scoff and shook my head in incredulity.

"Well, it doesn't seem like it. Less than 48 hours ago he was in my room, kissing me like he never did before." I leaned into her ear and said those words one by one, making sure my tongue rolled them out painfully slow.

"You're lying, you're just bitter because he got sick of you and you're still waiting for him to get back with you when he doesn't even feel the same way anymore." I pinned my lips together and gripped my book hard, before I could contain myself my hands lifted the books and slammed her face with them.

"You bitch! You slammed me with your books! Are you crazy?" I looked down at my books and rushed out of the classroom, bumping into Diego on my way out but pushed him away from me.

"Leanne!" He shouted behind me as I rushed down the hall and placed my back on the wall, pressing my eyes close. I breathed in and out slowly, what Sophia just said replaying in my mind.

She was right, even if it hurts I have to admit that she's right.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I popped my eyes open, stepping forward as I slapped him, "You know exactly what's wrong. One thing you being with Sophia and a whole other thing her throwing things in my face. As much as we both don't like this, we're still mates. I'm still the Luna of this pack and I won't allow her to disrespect me. You allowed this, you make them feel important and they think they can do whatever they want. Tell her to stay the fuck away from me." I glowered at him hard before I sauntered away, leaving him marveled.

The rest of the day was a torture, what Sophia said was still lingering in my mind and no matter how hard I tried to ignore it I couldn't. "The school party is this Friday, remember to dress nicely. We do this for you students, don't let us down."

The bell rang and I gathered my books, standing up as I walked toward the door. "Hey, so you're going?" Olivia asked me as she caught up with me and walked with me out of the door. "I don't know, maybe?" I asked more than stated as I made my way toward my locker to put my books inside and grabbed my bag. "What are you doing today?" I asked her as I slammed the door close.

"I don't know, maybe just hang around the pool?" She said with a shrug as she closed her locker and walked with me through the hallways, pushing the school door open as we made our way outside.

"Okay, I'll come by later then." We gave each other a tight hug and exchanged goodbyes as we made our way toward our cars. I was about to open my door when I saw Diego and Sophia kissing.

I sucked in my bottom lip as I grazed it with my teeth, my grip on the door handle tightening. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and yanked my door open, getting in and started the engine, driving off.

I hate this feeling, I hate having this love for him even though I shouldn't. I tried so many times to tell my heart that I hated him, that he's a disgusting piece of shit but no matter what, my heart just can't seem to let him go. I hate the fact that he still makes me feel this way, I tried to convinced myself that what we had was over, that we could never go back to the way we were but yet, my heart aches at the thought.

He was my first date, my first kiss, my first love, my first boyfriend and my first intimate encounter and the last. I can't imagine doing all that with someone else, I can't picture me going out, have dates, kisses, sex with someone else. It's just so hard and it hurts because he doesn't care. If he did, he wouldn't have broken our promise, our promise to be loyal to one another.

A dart of hurt swooped around me, the thought of never experienced that back with him just breaks me. We will never go back to the way we were, all that's left between us was broken promises, promises that can't be glued back.

I parked my car in front of my house, taking a deep breath as I clutched at the steer wheel. I pressed my eyes as I averted my head, a sob ripping through my soul as I banged my fist on the steer wheel, dangling my fingers through my hair as I leaned down in my seat.

I inhaled a deep breath, exhaling deeply as I sniffed, "No, you're not like this Leanne. You won't break, he won't break you. Not anymore." I intake another sharp breath as I let it go, controlling myself.

You're going around the pool and relax Leanne, yes. That's it. I took out the keys and grabbed my bag, opening the door as I got out. I pushed the door close and rounded the car, making my way toward my house.

I opened my house door and got inside, closing the door behind me as I made my way in. "Leanne honey!" My mother said with a smile as she walked toward me and I internally sighed, "Are you excited for tonight?"

I frowned at that and looked at her weirdly. "Tonight is the ball." I shook my head and stepped back from her. "Come on Leanne, you cannot jut bail on it. Every mated alpha pair has to attend."

"Well me and Diego aren't on the same page, it's like we're not even mated so we can totally bail on this." I walked past her and rushed up the stairs, closing the door behind me as I slumped on my bed.

You're lying, you're just bitter because he got sick of you and you're still waiting for him to get back with you when he doesn't even feel the same anymore.

"Leanne! You will go and that's final." My mother barged in and I sat up, eyeing her with a raised eyebrow. "Is that so? If you and the Alphas couldn't get me back with Diego what would make you think that you ordering me to go will do the trick. I am not going and that's my final word."

My mother pursed her lips into an ugly frown, her arms crossing as she tapped her foot. "If I need to drag you to the party I will, don't test me Leanne. Whatever happened between you and Diego doesn't give you the right to speak like that to me, I am your mother and what I says goes. You're in my house, so my house, my rules."

"Well thanks for kicking me out mother." I stood up from my bed and made my way toward my closet, coming out with my suitcase. "Leanne, what are you doing?" My mother told me marveled as she watched me picking my clothes from my closet.

"You just don't get it, I've been humiliated by Diego since we parted, he shoved girls in my face and acted as if I didn't mean a think to him, as if what we had didn't happen. I won't beg him mom, he made his choice and it's not me, and I made my choice. I don't want him."

My mother sighed, "Please Leanne, it's just a ball. People will start talking, wolves would think that our pack is an easy target because of the situation between you and Diego. Don't think about you, about Diego, but think of the pack."

"The pack doesn't think about me, why should I think about them? I'm sure that if they had to pick a person to die so they can safe the pack they would all point at me, making me die so they can all live. So why mom? Tell me why I should risk my heart, my dignity for a pack who won't risk anything for me, tell me mom?"

She stayed quiet at that and I shook my head at her with a scoff, "That's what I thought." I zipped up my suitcase and walked back toward my closet, "Remember mom, I'm doing this for you, not because I want to."

I walked past her and headed out, grabbing my bag and keys in the process as I made my way out of the house. I headed toward my car and opened the door, getting inside. I stretched forward to grab the handle and pulled it closer, closing the door.

I started the engine and moved away from my house, driving out of the pack territory. I don't know how am I going to control myself tonight, I just feel the need to vent but I don't think the Alpha would like that in front of many high status werewolves but how I craved to see their faces as I tell the whole werewolf world what kind of a mate I have.

I smiled smugly, the thought just making me think of so many ideas but I won't, I'm not like that. I turned up the volume, relaxing my mind and forgetting about Diego and the ball. I bobbed my head to the beat of Drake, his songs always lit.