Chapter 34: Did I Mention You Have Detention?

The Next Day
Dinah's POV

"No way, he did not say that!" Lauren gasped.

"Yep, I heard him myself." Siope answered proudly.

"Well, too bad because I'm taken." She leaned to the left to kiss Camila on the cheek. The smaller girl giggled and covered her mouth, trying not to spit out her lunch.

"Hey, did you guys hear about the-" Normani started.

"Well, well, well..." A guy with dark brown hair stood at the head of our table. "What do we have here?"

Camila immediately scooted closer to Lauren who wrapped her arm around her waist.

"The lesbian table." 

"Austin, go away." Lauren snapped.

He directed his gaze to the girl she was holding instead. "How's your head cupcake?" he gave her a fake pout before reaching forward.

"Don't touch her." Lauren shot out of her seat but didn't move towards him.

"Ooh, you're a little feisty aren't ya?" He chuckled, pulled back and crossed his arms over his chest. The second he looked at Ally, Normani's hands curled into fists. I gently wrapped my fingers around her arm. "And how's the freak?"  She refused to look him in the eye.

I didn't really see it happen. It was all kind of a blur. But in a split second, Siope was standing next to Austin, and the other boy was double over in pain, clutching his chin.

"What is going on here?" Great. The one time a teacher was in the cafeteria.

After School
Dinah's POV

I was the first to arrive in detention. This time Siope was with me. I knew that Lauren was still finishing an English test, and Ally and Camila were probably still getting dressed after gym.

I was staring down at my homework when a familiar pair of heels walked past my desk. I didn't even have to look up to know who it was.

She sat down in the desk next to mine, sighed dramatically, crossed her arms over her chest, and stared straight ahead, trying her hardest to keep a straight face.

I smirked. "What are you in for?" I asked her.

She turned her head, looked me up and down and put one of her shoes on the desk. "I killed a man with this shoe." She desperately tried to suppress her laughter. "What about you?"

"I was late." I answered simply. She raised an eyebrow. "Because I was on an important spy mission. But don't tell anyone." I leaned closer and lowered my voice. "It's a secret."

She threw her head back and laughed just as two more girls walked in the room.

Ally's POV

I walked to the back of the room and took a seat in front of but beside another girl. I pulled out my compact mirror and directed it so that I could see her.  She leaned forward a little and I could see her start to smile. I winked at her and she blushed. The girl that walked in with me left a seat in between us and sat to my far right.

"What's got you here?" the other girl that was already in the room asked.

"I may or may not have...committed a crime last year. They said a hat would be a good disguise but they obviously didn't know that hats aren't allowed in schools." I responded.

Dinah laughed and shook her head.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the girl with the heels staring at me. I pulled out my mirror again. "Hey," She smirked. "Come here often?" I giggled and blew her a kiss. I put my mirror away just as another girl walked into the classroom.
Camila's POV