Chapter 30: Don't Wanna Dance Alone

Ally's POV

"Dinah, do you really think this will work?" I asked, nervously wringing my hands.

"You'll be fine, I promise." she replied, taking a sip of her drink. "And if she's drunk, it'll work even better."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "I think you're drunk. How is she supposed to see me?"

"She's always looking for you. She'll find you eventually."

"But what if he goes too far and actually thinks I like him?"

"Ally, Troy is literally the sweetest guy in the whole school. He won't do anything unless you want to."

"And what am I supposed to be doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"How exactly do I make her jealous?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "Shouldn't be too hard."

"And why is that?"

"She gets jealous when you look at me, Ally. All she wants is to be yours."

I glanced over at Normani, who was laughing with Arin, a fresh drink in her hand. My stomach turned as he slowly slid his arm low around her waist. A little too low. "Alright." I told Dinah. "Let's do this."

Lauren's POV

"Lo! LoLo! Laur! Lauren!"  A familiar voice shouted above the noise of the crowd, continuously getting louder. Suddenly, the small body practically fell into mine in a fit of giggles. "Laureeen!" Camila slurred.

"Camz?" I cried, trying to hold her up. "Camila, are you drunk?"

"What?" she laughed, leaning in to bury her face in my neck.

"Have you been drinking?" I repeated, trying to pull her off of me.

"What does it matter, Lo?" she whispered in my ear before gently brushing her lips against my neck.

"No, Camila, get off of me."

"Come on, baby...just one dance."

"No, Camila." I said forcefully. "Who gave you alcohol?"

"I don't know?" She chuckled, shaking her head dismissively. "And why does it matter?"

"Because you can't handle it!"

"Who said?" She winked, moving her hips to the music.

"I said!" I shouted. "And you're actions are saying it right now!"

"Come on, Laur!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and gradually came closer. "Just try it."

"I have tried it and-" She cut me off with a soft kiss, biting gently on my bottom lip before pulling away. When I opened my eyes, she still had that same goofy smile on her face. But her eyes...were...normal? "You're sober?!" I questioned, shocked.

"You know that kid Austin?" She said frantically, ignoring my question.

"Yeah...what's wrong, did he hurt you?" I asked worriedly, gently cupping her face.

"No, but I went over to ask Normani something, and then he came over and he started touching my arm and stuff, and I got scared that he was going to try to...you know, touch...somewhere else, and the only way I get away was to pretend like I was drunk." she rambled.

I stared at her for a second, trying to process everything that she had just told me. "S-so do you wanna go home or...?

"No, I'll stay I just..." she sighed and buried her face in my neck once again. "Did I overreact?"

"No, Camzi..." I told her, resting my forearms on her shoulders when I felt her hands on my waist. "You just felt unsafe."

"But I'm safe now..."

"Always."

The was a long pause, and we began to simultaneously sway to the music. "I don't like Ally. At all. Only you." She said defiantly. "But I should've told you before, when I did like her. I'm so sorry, Lo."

"Yes, you should've." I teased her. "But I forgive you."

"Good...did you hear what Dinah and Ally were planning?"

"No, what?"

"Ally's going to make Normani jealous with that Troy guy."

"Why does she have to make her jealous?"

"Arin took her away at the beginning of the party."

"Wha- I thought we were all gay? What's with the sudden interest in boys?"

Normani's POV

This is literally the longest conversation I've ever been in, in my entire life. I haven't even had the chance to say anything. I was talking to Arin a little bit after he dragged me over, then Camila came over, and then Austin took her away and I still haven't seen her since. I kept looking for Ally, but I couldn't see anything in the sea of people. "Hey, babe?" Arin. Ew.

"Yes?"

"Wanna dance?" He was drunk. I could smell it.

"N-no, not really..." I couldn't decide whether or not I should tell him I was in a relationship. Because I wasn't. Was I?

"Come on, that girl you were with earlier is fine. Stop worrying."

"How'd you know I was worrying?"

He shrugged. "I could tell."

"Where is she?"

He nodded his head in the direction of the dance floor. "Over there with Troy."

"Troy?" Who's Troy?

"Yeah. He's on the football team."

Oh yeah. Him. But why's he with my girl?

"She's your girl?"

Oh crap, I said that out loud. "Well, uh...not really..." I watched as she laughed at something he said. Whatever, I thought to myself, she laughs at everything.

"Pretty sure she's his now."

"Not if I have anything to say about it." I turned back to face Arin, reluctantly tearing my eyes off of the couple. "But I'm gonna need your help."

"Can we dance first?" he whined.

"Oh yeah." I said through clenched teeth. "We're gonna dance." I grabbed his hand and harshly yanked him off of the bar stool.

Ally's POV

"Where is she?" Troy asked, awkwardly moving side to side in an attempt to dance.

"I don't know." I answered. She wasn't at the bar anymore.

"Maybe we should just give up?"

"No!" I replied forcefully. "I see her." Her eyes were closed and movements effortless and she made her way through the crowd. She was with someone. Arin.

"Is that Arin?"

"Yes." I spat. He was standing really close to her. Too close. "Alright, we have to stop this."

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

"I don't know!" I yelled. "We need to get closer."

"And do what when we get there?"

"We'll wing it."

"Alright then."

A/N: Sorry this is so short, I had no imagination today. Finally got some C__ren in there ;-). As always, sorry for any mistakes. Thanks so much for reading! Please comment, vote, and byee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)