Chapter 32: She Keeps Me Warm

The Next Monday
Camila's POV

"Do you see your parents?" Lauren asked me, squeezing my hand.

"No, not yet. You?"

"No." I took my eyes off of the crowd of adults to sneak a peak at my girlfriend. She was wearing ripped jean shorts,  rolling stones tank top and a black "stay weird" beanie. She was biting her fingernail nervously and her bright green eyes were filled with worry as they flicked back in forth in search of her own parents. "Lo?" She turned her whole body to face me at the sound of her name. I smiled and reached out to pull her finger from her teeth. "What's wrong, babe?"

She shrugged and refused to make eye contact with me. "Are you nervous to see your parents again?" She didn't answer, turning back to face the horde of people. "Why?" I could see her icy orbs glance down at our intertwined fingers. "Oh."

"You think your parents will be okay with it?" She finally asked, tugging on a loose thread on her jeans.

"I hope so." I tightened my grip on her hand, pulling her closer. "But I'll love you either way."

Her eyes lit up with happiness. "I love you too, Camzi." she gently kissed the scar under my lower lip before completely pressing her lips against mine.

"Lauren!" I loud voice boomed through the parking lot, causing everyone to jump.

Lauren muttered a few choice words before turning around to face the voice. "Hi, dad..."

"What we're you just doing to this girl?"

She stepped in front of me, blocking me from her dad and preventing me from seeing his angry expression.  "I-I...I was kissing her." She admitted, squeezing my hand even harder.

"What possessed you to do something like that?" He shouted. "And in public!"

"Love." she answered simply. I buried my face in the back of her head, taking a deep whiff of her shampoo.

"You've only been here for month and a half, how could you already be in love with someone?"

"Time doesn't matter, dad."

"And who is this?" he yelled, ignoring her comment. I knew he was pointing at me. She squeezed my hand even tighter, silently telling me to stay quiet.

"This is my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" he spat.

"Yes, dad."

"Kaki!" I heard a small voice behind me and immediately turned around.

"Sofi!" I cried, picking her up and spinning her around.

"Camila!" Lauren snapped.

"You're pretty." Sofia told my girlfriend.

Her expression softened and she smiled back at my little sister. "Thank you, sweetheart! So are you!"

"Lauren, I was talking to you!" Her dad growled.

"Yes, this is my girlfriend, Camila." She told him slowly.

He stared at me for a second and I felt my heart stop. "That's it."

"What?"

"We're going home."

"What?!" She screeched.

"Get your bags, pack your stuff, this place is a bad influence on you." He turned around and started walking back toward what I assumed was his car.

"Dad! Dad, you can't do this!"

"Yes, I can. And I will."

She turned back to face me, her intense green eyes filled with panic. "I don't wanna leave you, Camz."