Chapter 29: And We Like to Party

At Lunch
Camila's POV

"But should I mention the party again or not?" Dinah was asking Lauren when I sat down at our usual table. "Because I promised Siope that I was going, and I don't really plan on going alone."

"Dinah, you know parties are a sore spot for all of us." Lauren answered.

"But you and Mila are official now, so nothing's really gonna happen, right?"

"Well, yeah, but Normani and Ally aren't. Who knows what could happen between them."

I smiled to myself. She finally admitted that we were official!

"Come on, please?" Dinah begged.

"D, I'm not saying Camz and I won't go, I'm just saying that Normani and Ally probably won't."

"Normani might." I added, taking a bite if my pizza.

My girlfriend shook her head. "You know Mani; if Ally won't come, she'll end up staying with her at the dorm and missing out."

"So, how do we get Ally to come?" I spoke through a mouthful of food, causing Dinah to scrunch her face up in disgust.

Lauren laughed and put her hand in front of my mouth so she couldn't see it. "Close your mouth, babe."

"Do you think Ally will come if Normani, like, really, really wants to go?" Dinah asked.

"It probably won't take that much pleading. I asked Ally everyday this week to eat something, and she didn't. But Normani asked her once this morning and she said yes."

"That's the power of love."

"Why aren't they dating yet?" I wondered aloud. "That actually makes me really annoyed. They're perfect for each other but-"

"They're letting you get in the way." Lauren mumbled.

"Lo, I promise you that I don't like her-"

"Yes, you do." Dinah blurted. I glared at her. "I-I mean...obviously not as much as you like Lauren, but the feeling are...still... there..."

My girlfriend turned her attention back to me. "So you lied to me?"

Thanks a lot, Dinah. "W-well-"

"Camila I trusted you!"

"But this isn't about us right now!" I said quickly." It's about Normani and Ally. Can we just focus on them right now?"

"Okay..." she sighed, but still had a look if hurt in her eyes. "After school we'll talk to them about it."

"Fair enough." Dinah replied, just as the bell rang. "See you then."

After School
Normani's POV

"Normani!" Lauren's voice startled me as she, Dinah, and Camila burst through the dorm door. "Where's Ally?"

"In the bathroom, what's wrong?"

"Uh, nothing I just...we need your help."

"Okay."

"So, about the party tonight-" Dinah started, and I almost immediately cut her off.

"You guys are never going to get Ally to go."

"We know." Camila said. "But you might."

"What are you talking about?"

"If you want to go to the party, then so will she. She does whatever you ask her to."