I sigh, setting my backpack down on the cold, marble floor of Riverdale High. I made my way to the nurses office, hoping to god that she wasn't still here.

  The door opened with a loud creak, but thankfully the old woman who took care of the reckless high school kids wasn't in her usual place. There were so many cabinets, I had absolutely no idea where the bandaids were.

  Finally, I found a cupboard with all types of bandaids, normal, gauze, butterflies, hello kitty.

  I grabbed the box of bigger bandaids, considering the size of the huge gash across my palm. I decided to wash out the cut as well to avoid infection, so I poured pretty much the whole bottle of peroxide in the wound, and oh my god did it sting.

  I groaned loudly, hissing at the excruciating pain. Now, I may sound very dramatic at this moment, but I bet you can only imagine how much it hurts.

  Ripping the paper holding the coverage open, I threw it in the trash before tearing the overlapping papers on the side and throwing that away too. The shininess of the sticky part practically blinded me, it was so new and the lights above me shining on it was very bright.

  I applied it on the appropriate areas, making sure it wasn't wrinkled or not pressed well enough. Once I was content with it, I checked the clock. 4:23pm.

  Time to go see my beautiful angel of a girlfriend.

***

  Walking to the diner was actual hell. My head was filled with so many thoughts that made me very uneasy.

  You're disgusting.

  Betty deserves better than you.

  She probably hates you, she forces herself to love you because she feels bad, she pities you.

  She more than likely invited you so that she can break up with you.

  By the time I got there, my cheeks were wet and I realized I was crying. I guess the thought of Betty actually faking her love for me was so hurtful, painful that I couldn't even comprehend it.

  Once I entered the diner, my sadness quickly left. I looked around for a while before I spotted a head of pretty blonde hair, shining due to the light outside. She was sitting in his favorite booth, the one in the far back with beautiful lights surrounded around it and a picture of what seemed a Greek goddess above the cushions.

  You ready to be dumped before homecoming?

  I shook my head before making my way to the booth. Betty bit her lip when she caught sight of me, and she told me to sit. I followed her orders, allowing my back to sink into the comfortable seat. She smiled nervously as if she was hiding something from me.

  "So, I want you to order your food before I tell you this, it's gonna make it so much better."

  My heart dropped. Maybe she really is breaking up with me?

  "Um, okay," I started and I called Pop Tate over. I placed my usual order, a double stacker with only lettuce, cheese, and pickles and a medium fry.

  I glanced at Betty when I was done, and she was staring down at her thumbs, picking at the skin.

  I swear, I was terrified.

  She doesn't love you.

  She never has.

  She was your first love

  But she doesn't even love you.

  My eyes started to get blurry again, and I looked away, wiping my eyes, hoping Betty didn't see.

  We sat in silence, waiting for my order. When it finally arrived, I instantly went for the fries, praying that Betty would say something.

  "So," she started, playing with her hair. "We've been dating for about 2 months now and I thought that this would be something that were both okay with."

  I felt my heart break as she reached in her bag.

  She really doesn't love you.

  She pulled out a decorated jar, black, green, and blue ribbons wrapped around it and single pieces of paper filling it. There was a label also, and it read 'reasons why I love you.' She smiled, and I dropped my food.

  What?

   Betty slid the jar over to me, and I wiped off my hands with the napkins between us before twisting the jar open. I grabbed a slip of paper, opening it and mumbling it aloud to myself.

  'You're amazing.'

  'You're so considerate of my feelings.'

  'You're incredibly handsome.'

  'You're very talented.'

  'You're so strong.'

  'You deserve the world, and if I could, I would give it to you.'

  'You're so passionate.'

  A tear made its way down my face as I read every single piece.

  'You're perfect, Jughead. I love you.'

  I wiped my eyes before shooting up out of my seat, leaning over the table and hugging her tightly. She was shocked at first, but then eventually wrapped her arms around my waist.

  "I love you, Betty Cooper," I sniffled, kissing her hair. "So much."

  "Is that a yes for Homecoming?" She giggled, and I pulled away, my hands still on her shoulders.

  "Of course it's a yes!"