Chapter Twenty-Four

Meritaten

Giggling, Sete and I stumbled out of my chambers after double-checking no one was lurking in the corridors. 

Inside, I was scared and nervous, and a little ashamed of what I had done, but I could not show that to my guard. I had just pleasured him the best he had had in years, and I could not afford to look weak.

This was not even my idea. Granted, I went along with it, yes, but I did not come up with the idea.

It was earlier during the week, and I was chatting with my personal maid. For a strange reason, we were talking about myself, and how I had no child.

"I fear the Pharaoh is disappointed in you, my Queen," she had started.

"When is he not?" I muttered under my breath, but proceeded to ask her why.

My maid continued to tell me that, as I was much aware, I had failed to produce an heir. This made me quite mad, actually. Did she think I did not know this? Did she think I did not want a child? Did she think we did not try? At the very least, we tried once a week. But still, I would not fall pregnant. I was beginning to lose hope.

I knew this was my fault. But my maid tried to assure me it was not. "It is not just women who can be infertile," she claimed. "No - men can too, and I believe this is the problem - it is not you who cannot have children, it is the Pharaoh."

My maid suggested I try to have a child with someone else, but lead my husband to believe it was his. That way, there would be an heir, other than Tutankhaten. I knew the Pharaoh did not want our brother on the throne; in fact, he loathed the very idea. This sounded like a sensible solution.

"But who?" I mused.

"Hmm..." The maid pondered over my question for a while. "It should be someone who already has a child, so we know he is long infertile. Someone who is fit, and who is close to your family, but still a servant. Then you can use your power over him. Allow me to scour around, for a bit. I shall return to you soon when I find him."

Later that day, as I was eating in my chambers, my maid returned to me. "Sete," she said simply. "He is a perfect match."

I considered it. Sete was close to our family. I knew he was friends with my sister. But he was in the Pharaoh's guard. Would he not tell Smenkhkre?

I confessed my fears to my friend, but she merely waved them away. "I can assure you, my Queen, that Sete will be game. He believes you are quite beautiful, and since you are still young, you can seduce him into anything you wish. I suggest spending the week to tease him, and finally later this week, have intercourse with him. Then, simply go to the Pharaoh and pleasure him. It is simple."

And so I did what she suggested. Throughout the week I would constantly tease Sete, and my maid was right - he fell for it. Men would be men, no matter how hard they tried to hide it. And earlier today, I summoned him to my room.

Dressed in nothing but a small nightgown, I quickly opened it when I heard a knock on the door. It covered my shoulders and legs but you could still clearly see my naked body.

My maid scurried in, not in the least bit fazed. "He is waiting outside, my Queen!" she whispered in excitement. I gulped. 

"And I will get pregnant?" I asked once again.

She nodded.

"I will make sure the Pharaoh thinks it is his," I promised, and told her to allow Sete in. 

I heard his heavy footsteps enter my chambers, hesitating when he saw the back of me.

I spun around a smiled my best smile at him.

Jewel Of The Nile [COMPLETE]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें