Live me in you again

Delivery day:
Ananya had finally delivered a beautiful baby girl. Everyone around her was extremely happy. Virat couldn't even control his tears. He had been in the hospital the entire time waiting to catch a glimpse of the little angel.

After all the family members had met her, he went in the room and picked her up. It was like experiencing the heaven in his lap. Yes, he had picked up kids all his life. Friends and family ones. But, he had never felt this way. It was as if parenthood had come embracing him as well.

'Isn't she the most adorable kid ever?', Ananya asked him.

'Yes, yes she is', he said placing a kiss on her forehead.

'And if you have not forgotten our deal, you are officially her godfather', she said.

'Yes, that is my absolute pleasure. What are we naming her?', he asked.

'How about Aarushi?', she said.

'Really? You'd do that?', he was caught by surprise.

'Aarushi it is', Ananya smiled.

5 years later:

'Daddy, where are you'

'I am right here Aarushi. Come here, I'll teach you how to swim', Virat shouted from the garden.

'No, daddy, I am scared of water', she shouted back.

'Oh, come on my baby', Virat went in and picked her up.

'Nooo', she squealed.

'You trust daddy, don't you?', he asked her. She nodded her head.

'Then come on, let's do it', he said getting her into the mini pool'

After about half an hour of a lesson, they both came inside. Aarushi was chatting about how wonderful it was.

'Mom, do you know what we did? Daddy taught me swimming', she said to Ananya who was offering her food.

'Wow, that is absolutely amazing. And how did my little doll do?', she asked her.

'I did very well. Didn't I, daddy?', she asked Virat.

'Yes, baby you did great', he said ruffling her hair.

'Virat', Ananya said.

'Yes?'

'I made some sweets. Take them when you leave', she said.

'Sure thing', Virat said.

'Mom what did you make? Chocolates?', Aarushi asked.

'Yes, but you can't eat too many or you'll get a toothache', Ananya warned her.

'Ok', she replied sincerely though Ananya knew she was going to attack on the chocolates very soon.

'I must leave now', Virat said getting up from the dining table. He came and kissed Aarushi's forehead and hugged Ananya.

'No, please stay daddy', Aarushi pleaded him.

'I'll be back tomorrow', he assured her.

The arrangement was very simple. Ananya and Virat never got married but Aarushi was always their kid. Virat became her parent as soon as he had seen her. Their parents had tried hard to convince them to marry each other, but it did not happen. They both ignored all of it. They didn't need a law to define their relationship. They did not need any marriage to be parents to a beautiful child. Virat never adopted Jhanak, though he still pays visit to her regularly. He opened several more orphanages all by Aarushi's name. He had retired two years back and he now enjoyed with his family which comprised of Ananya and Aarushi apart from his brother and mother. Aarav is still taking tips to propose a girl. Shubhi married the guy she liked. She has a daughter now too. The team members meet regularly and Ajinkya always has something special for Aarushi. He had thanked Ananya for giving her daughter that name. He is also delighted to see Virat happy. If life is all you made it, they had made it pretty amazing.

'Daddy, do tell me the story of Aarushi Aunty. Mom told me I was named after her', Aarushi begged Virat one day.

'Well, where do I begin, let's just say I live her everyday in you. And I am sure she would be happy to see this', Virat sighed and gave her a kiss.
-------------------------------------------------------
                               END

Thank you beautiful people for your absolute love!!! I am overwhelmed by your response. What would you like to read next? Do tell me. I promise to cater to your demands. Aarushi is my utmost favourite character and I am sure she inspired many of you too. I literally cried after I wrote her death sequence but see, life came a full circle. Anyway, if you have any complaints or saw any glitches, please feel free to contact me, or you can just point it out in the comments section. Virat is my favourite cricketer and I am sure many of you like him too but I also wanted strong women in my story. I hope I did manage that. Now, off I go. We'll meet soon with new endeavours and a new story. Suggestions are welcome. Keep them coming!!

THANK YOU ALL!!! 😘😘