Issues unresolved

'Ok, honey how are you?'

'I am okay mom and I am coming back to India', Ananya said. She was video chatting with her mom.

'You look tired'

'I am kind of tired', she answered with a sigh.

'When is your flight?'

'Tomorrow 6 a.m.'

'Will be waiting for you, my little baby'

'Love you, mom', she said and shut down her laptop.

She turned her gaze towards her mobile and saw a few messages. She started looking at them one by one.
Aditya- Hi, how are you? Can we talk, please?

Ananya just felt a screaming desire to answer, to say that she had forgiven and forgotten everything that had happened. But, then the dignity, the self respect came in and intervened. No, Ananya you cannot do something as stupid as this. You cannot let him hold your reins and control them. You are self sufficient, if not omnipotent.

She put her mobile down, turned it off and lay down on the bed. Her head hurt now, more than ever before. It had been months since all that had happened. Why now? Why the sudden urge to talk now? She was going back to her country. The place where she had ran away from. He was the person who had been responsible. She had cured her broken heart and now when it had finally started to heal, he was back, once again.

The series in Australia had gotten over and India had done surprisingly well in Tests. They had lost the limited over series but had managed to clinch the Test series by a margin of 2-1.

'C'mon guys, let's go back to India', Rahul sir said as the team bus came in.

'I am so excited to go back now', Rohit said.

Ajinkya sat beside Rahul sir and all the others took their places too.

They landed on the Mumbai airport and Virat found Ananya waiting for her luggage. He followed his instinct to go and greet her.

'Hey', he said.

She turned back a little surprised but smiled after seeing him.
'Hello. Long tour?', she asked.

'Yeah, as it always is'

'All the best for the future and you can call me wherever you need', she said picking up her luggage.

'Yeah, about that...I want to say a big thank you for everything', he said.

'Hmm. Take care of yourself, Virat', she said and started moving towards the exit.

Virat too moved towards the exit and got into his car which took him to the hotel.
'Yes, mom I am here in Mumbai', he said on the phone, 'I'll be in Delhi by tomorrow.'

'Sir, please call me if you need to go anywhere', his driver said to him.

'Yes, sure and thank you', Virat said with a smile.

He went inside the hotel and went straight to the room. He tossed his jacket and turned on the television. He knew that silence ate him up. He, therefore, always switched on the television whether he was watching it or not.

'Ananya, please listen to me'

'No, Aditya I am sorry. I can't do this', Ananya said freeing her hand from his grip. They were meeting at Aditya's flat in Mumbai. His house was in Delhi. They were still at the entrance when Anaya decided that she couldn't really do this. She had tried really hard to ignore him, not to meet him but she had ended up coming with him. He had picked her up from the airport.

'Ananya, let's go back to Delhi and we can talk', Aditya said.

'I sure am going to Delhi but not with you. Not for you. I am going to my mom and dad. I don't want to talk to you', she said, tears in her eyes.

'Ananya, I am still your husband you know'

'Yeah, that piece of paper which is the only last remaining shred of our relationship taunts me everyday Aditya', she said sobbing.

'Ananya, how many times do I have to say that I am really sorry', he said putting a hand around her.

Ananya did not put his hand away. She just cried. Incessantly. Aditya used her moment of weakness and guided her into the flat.
'Ananya, please...'

'No, look Aditya, I have to go', she said wiping her tears.

'Ananya, have you ever thought why I did what I did?'

'Yeah, you wanted a perfect wife and I just wasn't enough. And then, you blamed me for cheating on you? I just go sick even thinking about you', she said.

'Ananya, I was wrong for doubting you and your honesty. But, I was scared, okay? A high profile case. You, in the middle of it all. You were dealing with a rapist. A proven rapist. I just lost it. I couldn't sleep at nights. That day whatever I said was derogatory, I know that. I was stressed and I just saw you with...'

'With Abhimanyu, whom you know so well. You know we have been friends since childhood and you had the audacity to think I was sleeping with him? And what did you say, I didn't know the first thing about making a home, right? Well, how about I come and have a look at your house right now? Let's see who has done a brilliant job. Oh, I forgot you would now be doing fine with all the servants around', Ananya shouted in anger.

'I love you, Ananya. I cannot live without you. I am willing to apologise to the both of you and yes that house haunts me without you. I had drink a little too much in that party, I said things which I didn't even mean', he explained to her.

'You destroyed my belief, my self respect. You questioned my sanctity. I can never forgive you. Maybe Abhimanyu can be a little mild but don't expect anything from me. We are done, so done. Please be there for the next meeting. Meet you in the court. Save your explanations for that', she said picking up her handbag.

'Ananya....', Aditya shouted behind her but he knew she was not coming back.

Ananya sat in a taxi and went to the hotel in which she was to stay for a day. Her flight to Delhi was due the next day. Till then, she had some sad memories and innumerable tears to keep her company.