The story

Three weeks later:
'Hello, or should I say Good Morning sir', Hardik said sitting next to Virat.

'Hello', Virat responded with a smile.

'You know, I had some serious talk to do with you', Hardik said softly.

'Yes?', Virat said facing now exactly towards Hardik.

'Not now. Not here. There are so many people here on the airport. But surely once we get down to Australia', he said.

'Ok', Virat said shrugging his shoulders.

'Coffee?', he asked.

'Sure', Virat replied.

'Wait, what's the time?', he asked him.

Virat looked around to find his watch. It wasn't there.

'What is it with you and your watch? You keep forgetting it. Even in the last tour it was the same', Hardik commented.

'Actually, Aarushi...', he blurted out and then realised, 'nothing, I just keep forgetting it', he said to him.

'No worries, I'll bring the coffee', he said and went towards the counter.

'What is it with him and his watch?', he asked Raina.

'Actually, he never keeps his watch with him. He had a habit of giving it to Aarushi when he went home and she would be the one to give it back to him. He never brought it himself', Raina explained with a sigh.

'Oh, I just wonder why he doesn't move on?', Hardik commented.

'Who is not moving?', Rohit said interrupting the two of them.

'Virat', Hardik said.

'Well, you don't know about it, Hardik', Raina said.

'Yeah, well, how badly did they love each other?', he asked.

'Badly?', Rohit asked with surprise.

'You know what I mean', he said.

'It's a long story', Rohit said.

'Well, the flight to Australia isn't a small one', Hardik said.

'Ok, I'll tell you all about it', Rohit said.

Hardik was a new entrant in the team. With his excellent performance in the domestic season and the national team in a dire need of an all-rounder, he had made the cut. He was just three tours old but he was beginning to understand the functioning of the environment.

'Hey, Jasp', he said to another newbie Jaspreet Bumrah. He was a fast bowler.

'Yeah', he said turning.

'Where have you been my brother?', Hardik said putting his hand around his neck.

'You seem happy. Did you watch a movie last night?', he asked with a wicked smile.

'Yeah, I know where you're going. Except it's not that', he answered.

'Well, you can say so', Jaspreet said raising his eyebrows and shrugging his shoulders.

'I am not an addict, okay', he said defending himself.

'Yeah, okay', Jaspreet said sarcastically.

'You know what, just let it go. I don't want to talk to you', Hardik said leaving him.

'What's the deal with you two now?', Ajinkya said joining them.