Love expert

'Hey', Virat said entering Ananya's office.

'Hello. You seem in good spirits today', she said.

'Yeah, something of that sort. I just wanted to thank you for everything', he said taking his seat.

'Thank me? Well, if you don't know, you pay me for this', she said with a smile.

'I know but I have been a little trouble, haven't I?', he said.

'Not really. I deal with people way beyond troublesome', she said.

'Ok, so where should we begin today. I mean end with today, considering it is our last day', he said.

'Ah..that's for you to decide. Why don't you start with telling me what caused this huge smile on your face?', she implored.

'Oh, that! Do you know what it feels like when you can live normally again? Like no one looking at you and wondering if you are ever happy. I feel that way. I think I have come a long way from being a brooding husband', he said.

'That's quite a statement and I hope you are not saying this to escape these sessions. But, seriously it is wonderful to see you like this. I am really happy', she said.

'So am I, for you I mean. You looked happy with your husband. I told you, there's no point being alone when you can be with the person you love', he remarked.

'Yes. Thank you. Now, I'll sign these papers and leave you to yourself. I hope you make me proud', she said with a laugh.

'Yes, ma'am', he said taking the papers from her.

Ananya watched him leave and was quite impressed with his transformation. She loved this phase of her job. However, she did not get so many happy moments. Many of her patients succumbed to depression even after years of therapy. She did not want that to happen to Virat and he had ensured her a little bit today with his attitude. She sent a little prayer to the heavens to give him all the peace and love he wanted in his life.

Virat left the premises of the office and went to his car. He drove back to his house and was very cheerful with his family which came as a happy surprise for his mom. She was finally happy to see her son, an improved version of her son.

'So, I have this girl, uncle. I think she likes me too but I can't be sure. What do you think I should do?', Aarav probed him while they were sitting and playing video games in Aarav's room.

Virat was caught unawares. He was smiling a little bit too at the sheepishness with which his nephew had asked him the question. Well, he was no love expert but lately all the love seekers had come to him, which had left him a little surprised.

'What's she like? I mean, are you friends with her?', Virat asked him after a minute or so of thought.

'Not the best of buddies but we talk sometimes', he replied.

'Ok. Now tell me why do you like her?', Virat said now leaving the game and allowing Aarav to win.

'I don't know. I like talking to her. She is great at academics too and she takes a great interest in football. In fact, she is the star player of the female team at our school', he explained to Virat excitedly.

'Well, you seemed smitten by her. But, I wasn't looking for her biography', Virat said teasing him.

'I was just saying she is wonderful', Aarav said sheepishly.

'I know. I know. Just be friends with her for now. You'll know when to say it', Virat said giving a pat on his head.

'Really? That's your advice?', Aarav asked as Virat got up to leave.

'Yeah. What did you expect?', Virat asked stopping.

'Dating, proposing tips. Like how you proposed Aarushi Aunty', he said.

Virat burst into laughter.
'You are too young for that. Just work on this first', Virat said.

'Fine', Aarav said making a face.

'Hey, champ. See, you have your entire life for this. At this point, you don't even know your feelings. It's a bit confusing. Now, no one can question the fact that you like her but I don't want you breaking anyone's heart in a bid to do things in a haste. And you would want the same if you really care for her. Right?', Virat said to him.

'Yes, you are right', Aarav said nodding his head.

'So, shall we head out for an evening snack?', he asked him.

'Sure, I want fries today', Aarav protested.

'Yeah, sure but only for today', Virat said glad that the boy was back to being the kid he was. He didn't want him to be an adult as of yet. He loved and adored him like that and things like these just scared him. He wasn't his dad but he was scared of him growing up. But, he was also very happy that he had discussed the subject with him which definitely told him what an important part of his life he was. And then, so much for being the love expert that he was!!!