Back again

'Hello, Virat, I hope you're not busy. I can speak to you right?'

'Yeah, sure', Virat said, still a little confused as to why Anushka had called him.

'Where are you?', she asked.

'In Sydney', he replied to the point.

'Oh, ok. You guys are touring Australia. Great', she said.

'Anushka, can I ask you why you have called me?', Virat asked now getting a little impatient.

'Yes, sure....I mean I was going to tell you myself but now that you ask, I know it would sound crazy but I really miss seeing you the way you were', she said with a lot of thought.

'And?'

'Do you want me to like help you out as a friend...just as a friend?', she reiterated.

'Anushka, I don't know where you are going with this', he finally said letting out a sigh.

'Virat, we loved each other...'

'Okay, Anushka you need to stop', Virat said getting a little frustrated.

'See, it's not like I want to get back with you or something, it's just that it hurts a little to not see that rejuvenated and happy Virat', she said.

'Well, thanks for your concern, Anushka. I really appreciate it', Virat said to her.

'You will not relent?', she asked him.

'Relent to what? I am not understanding anything, Anushka', he said.

'Even I don't know why I called you up but Virat I have had no real boyfriend after you. They have all been flings. I really care about you', she said.

'Anushka, you know I loved Aarushi, right?', Virat now asked her very seriously.

'Yes, but she's gone and it's not like she's coming back. You need to look around. Find some love for yourself', she said.

'This conversation is over now. You met her, worked with her, I didn't know Anushka that you could be so inhumane to talk in this way about her', Virat said and cut the phone.

Anushka gave a sigh. A few drops of tears fell from her eyes. She had not wanted to do this but she had been fooling her heart long to not do it. She still somewhere loved him. She knew it was wrong but who would tell that to her heart. She was shattered into pieces every time that she saw him. And her heart questioned if there was nothing that she could do. And she had done it, today. But, at what price? She didn't know if he was gonna talk to her ever again. She felt a little light too, though to let out all the things that had been troubling her heart.

'Virat, open up', Hardik shouted from outside his room.

'We already had the practice session. What's the emergency', Virat asked him opening the door.

'Nothing, Rahul sir called you up', he answered with a smile.

'Yeah, ok. Thanks', Virat said and locked the room and went towards Rahul sir's room.

'Virat, your phone', Hardik shouted from behind realising that he had left his phone with him. While locking his room, he had just given it to him and had forgotten to take it back.

Virat had gone far enough not to hear him. It was surprising, though, because he never left his phone unguarded and was never careless about it. But that was when Aarushi was still alive. When half the time, away from her, he couldn't sit still and wait for her call. He would keep checking his phone after every second. That had changed. All phone calls were about giving him sympathy and strength when all he wanted was love. Not that it hadn't come his way as well, just not in the form he wanted.

While Hardik stood there thinking what to do, the phone vibrated.
'I am sorry, I love you. Don't be angry please' the message read.
It was from Anushka and Hardik was confused. He had just heard a beautiful love story. About how much he loved Aarushi and now this? He put the phone in his pocket and went to his room.

After about half an hour:
'Hardik, have you seen Virat', Raina asked him entering his room.

'He had gone to the coach', he replied indifferently.

'Are you ok? You look kind of angry', Raina said making an observation.

'No, just some of my illusions coming to shake hands with reality. It kind of sucks', he replied.

'I would not probe much but I can tell you whatever it is, it's not bigger than the beauty of this life...hey, is that Virat's phone? What is it doing with you?', Raina asked suddenly noticing the cell phone.

'How I wish I hadn't got hold of it!', Hardik said handing it to him.

'What do you mean? I mean, I know you were interested to know about his story and stuff but don't you think it's a way too much?', Raina asked furiously.

'I did not intentionally keep his mobile. He forgot it with me. And for your information, he is not what he seems like', Hardik answered in anger.

'What the hell are you talking about?'

'Check the message that he has got most recently', he said.

'Wait, so he accidentally left his phone with you and you just read his message? That's ridiculous', Raina said.

'Read the message and you'll find out who's ridiculous'

While they were still having that heated discussion, the mobile once again vibrated.
This time Raina read the message:
'We have a lot of memories. Lot of history and you can't ignore that. I know you love me so please stop being angry. I don't know what I am doing but I want you to know that I love you'

'What the hell?', Raina remarked.

'Your friend has clearly moved on from Aarushi. All for loving her dearly', Hardik commented sarcastically.

'Excuse me, we don't have evidence of that. He hasn't talked to her or replied her. It's just a one sided talk', Raina told him sternly.

'He doesn't look innocent', Hardik said.

'Well, your stamp is not needed to prove his innocence', Raina said storming out of the room with Virat's phone.

Raina could not believe that Virat could have done anything that Hardik was suggesting. He couldn't believe the audacity of Anushka. Why had she done it, was beyond him. Virat needed none of it. He had enough in his plate already to deal with. An ex-girlfriend was not making things any easier.