Where else would I go?

'Hello, cupcake', Virat said on the phone.

'Hello stupid', Aarushi replied playfully.

'Missing me?', Virat further probed ignoring her remark.

'Not at all. I was just making a movie plan with my school friend Abhimanyu'

'Who Abhimanyu? How come I never met him? School friend, huh?'

'Ooh somebody's getting jealous it seems', Aarushi said.

'Not jealous, just...you know...what's the word? Inquisitive' Virat said giving it a thought.

'Yeah, I know how inquisitive you are', Aarushi said sarcastically.

'You know I can't have an iota of worry whether you are with this Abhimanyu or Leonardo di Caprio for that matter. I am guessing their wives and girlfriends need to worry more cause I have the best in the world', he said.

'Well, you can't be so sure with Leo. I wouldn't know what I am doing if and when I get to meet him', she said.

'Shut up, now. We sound really stupid, Aarushi', Virat said with a laugh.

'I called you stupid in the first instance', Aarushi stated.

'Yeah, okay. Go and enjoy the movie with your 'school friend'. Which one are you watching, though?', Virat asked.

'Umm...I don't know. It's more about catching up than the movie at large. I think it's Neerja, though', she said.

'Oh, Aarushi be careful and take some tissues with you', Virat cautioned her with a laugh.

'I am not going to cry, okay?'

'As I don't know you. I have seen the movie and you are most definitely going to cry', Virat said.

'Yeah, well we'll see. And now I gotta go. Bye bye, love ya', she said.

'See, you come back to loving me', he said with a grin.

'Where else would I go? Bye', she said and hung up.

The team had reached Australia and the first few days were left to getting accommodated in the new environment.

'Movie?', Rohit asked everyone.

'Yeah, sure', Raina said.

'Virat?', Rohit asked.

'No, you guys go. I have something to discuss with the coach', Virat said with a smile.

'Virat, c'mon', Rahul Dravid, who were their new coach, said.

'Jinx?', Rohit asked him.

'No, I am really tired', he said.

'Guys, you go along. I'll handle all this', Rahul sir said.

'Ok, sir', Rohit said.

'Jinx, can I talk to you?', Rahul sir asked.

'Yes, sure', he answered.

'I know you are heartbroken after what happened but my kiddo, you need to live life', he said patting his shoulder.

'I can't live any better', he said without facing him.

'You didn't pick up my calls and you were really aloof this whole while. Why are you doing this to yourself?'

'Sir, I am really tired. I feel responsible. I despise myself for not letting her have what she wanted. If this was supposed to happen, well she could have lived her life with a little less tears', he said teary eyed.

'Come here', he said giving him a hug.

Ajinkya sobbed his heart out.

'Sir, I didn't think this could happen', he said still sobbing.

'I know, I know. Nobody can', Rahul sir said consoling him, tightening his hold on him.

Rahul Dravid had been a great inspiration in Ajinkya's life. More than a teacher, he had been like a dad to him. He knew if anyone, he would understand him. And he was saying things he had never opened up about to anyone. With the calm and patience which Mr. Dravid carried, it was not difficult to fathom that he had taken the right decision to make him his mentor and not just that, even more than that. A life guide, a parent...but life seemed tough for the kid whom Dravid had seen growing up. And he was there to make sure, he planted a smile on his face.

'Hey, you alright now?', Rahul sir asked after a while.

'Yes, I am really sorry. I didn't intend to trouble you this way', he answered wiping his tears.

'Trouble me? It's a joy to be a part of your life. Of all of your lives and contribute if I can. And you, Ajinkya, have been really special to me. So, no matter what it is, you will come up to me. Promise?'

'Promise'

'Good, now go and take a good nap. You might be tired. Or if you want I can contact Raina and you can still catch that movie?'

'No, sir I don't think I'm really up for a movie today'

'Ok, then', Rahul sir said patting his head.

He watched him go to his room. And never fluttered an eyelid until he safely reached there. His own eyes were teary seeing a once happy and hardworking person trapped in the circles of life. But his job was not over, he had another one to handle.

'Virat', he knocked Virat's bedroom.

'In a minute', Virat answered.

He opened the door and Dravid saw a pile of papers stacked on the table, crumpled. He also saw the television which had some Hindi drama series going on. Virat definitely wasn't watching it. It was just a noise to occupy him. Before he could focus more into it, Virat switched off the television.

'It just...I was going to swap the channel', he said explaining himself.

'It's okay. Sit', Rahul sir said motioning him to sit down on the bed.

'Sir, I really don't want to talk about it. I mean, I really appreciate you coming here but the thing is, I am okay', Virat said.

'Well, Virat, look if you think I am here so that you can pour out your heart, I don't think that's the criteria. Not that I would mind if you do so cause I have even that responsibility. But, I am the coach of this team and I can't see you guys moving in different directions. I know your grief stretches well beyond the normal functioning of this world but it is my job to keep you all together. And as a captain you have a hand in it too. I know it's a lot to ask but you have to do it. Take your time. Not that it has to be done just in a moment. But, I want you to know that we are all there for you. I mean, if this is a team it is formed of people who care for each other. Do not cut out the people who love you from your life', he explained.

'I am really sorry sir...I did not intend to do it...it's just watching a movie has...', and he stopped midway looking towards the fan, looking everywhere other than Rahul sir.

'I know, it has memories and it's not easy. And you don't need to do it. I just want you to not remain aloof', he said.

'Yes sir, I'll try cause where else would I go other than this team', he said.