Love the life

2 months later:
'Virat bhaiya, what would happen if I don't hit any run...like get a duck on my international debut or something. People remember those records, right? I don't want to be a part of those books', a new youngster Rishabh Pant said nervously.

The Indian team was touring South Africa and he had been included in the ODI squad. Since, Rohit had injured his hamstring, he was chosen to open in the march which was to commence the next day.

'Relax, and no one remembers anything. And even if they do, you don't have to. It's just a game, it's not as if your life hinges on it. So many people just dream of the opportunity that you have gotten. First thing, we don't judge a player based on one bad performance and secondly, people who didn't perform very well in the international scenario are not any less than the ones who did. It's just a matter of luck, sometimes. You have your life, friends, family, they love you, right? They won't change, right? And they are who matter, okay my buddy?', Virat gave him a long speech. Even he was surprised at his preachy sermon. But, it was the truth. He had felt those butterflies too, they needed to be satiated.

'I'll try my best, bhaiya', he said with the discipline of a school boy.

'I have absolutely no doubt on that kid. Now, go and get some rest. It's going to be a long day tomorrow', Virat said patting his back and smiling.

'Good night', he said before leaving.

'Good night. Who are you sharing your room with?', Virat asked before he could leave.

'Jaspi ', he answered referring to Jaspreet Bumrah.

'Great, have a good night', Virat said.

Meanwhile:
'Are you sure about this, Ananya?', the BCCI chief asked her.

'Yes, sir. It is in the interest of the team and myself', she said calmly.

'Ok, then. So be it. You'll have all your dues cleared by the end of this week', he said to her.

'Thank you sir. I absolutely loved working here. I wish I could continue but...I really will miss this experience', she said shaking hands with him.

'We'll also miss the professionalism that you brought in with a humane touch', he smiled at her.

'I'll take your leave now, sir', she said and left the building.

Hospital:

'My reports, please, it's Ananya Kapoor', Ananya said to the receptionist.

'Yes ma'am', she said taking them out for her.

Ananya opened the envelope and got the sweetest surprise of her life. She was pregnant. She was a little dumbstruck. She tried to contain her happiness but she was just smiling ear to ear. She had made the right call. She now wanted nothing more than her kid to be her world. Wow, God had finally been kind to her.

'Mom', she called up her mom excitedly while reaching her car.

'Yes, baby are you alright. Catch your breath and tell me what it is', her mom told her.

'Mom, I am pregnant', she declared happily but a little cautiously not allowing anyone near her to hear.

'That is...that is wonderful news. Where are you?'
Ananya lived all by herself in a small flat in Delhi. Her parents had asked her time and again to come live with them but she had repeatedly relented. She always made the excuse of having a private place to deal with her patients. She spent all her time juggling between her parents and Aditya's parents (who were leaving for New York in a couple of weeks now) but she wanted to sleep in her bed, in solace, all alone.

'I am in Mumbai but I am coming back tomorrow', she replied happily.

'Ok, just send me the details of your flight and we'll come and pick you up', her mom said.

'Mom, I'll be fine. I'll come visit you tomorrow', she said persuading her mom.

'No, nothing saying. Just listen to my orders', she said.

'Ok', Ananya gave a sigh and relented.

'See you tomorrow and take care of yourself. Love you', she said and ended the phone call.

'Hotel Blue Pearl please', Ananya said to her cab driver.

She bent her head against the cab and sat wondering about the various instances of her life. She did not know what future beckoned but for now she had her happiness. She had that one reason to live and love her life.