Epilogue

A/N: WARNING! THIS CHAPTER IS GONNA BE SHORT AS HELL SO I'M SORRY IF IT DOESN'T SATISFY YOU, I'M SORRY! 😫😫

_________________________

"Adelia!" Tilly shouted from the second floor, "Where in the world are your cousins?"

"I don't know Mum, maybe they've gone somewhere to talk to their real father - the devil - for the little hellions that they are!" If she didn't have great reflexes, the wet washcloth would have smacked her hard in the face. At fourteen, she is a nutcase in her own right but Andy and Ollie, the cousins in question, seemed to have her beat with the crazy stunts they pull for only four years of age.

"Just help me find them! It's time for their bath."

"OK mum!" Ali groaned as she threw her iPod and book down to look for the little rascals. Knowing them, it will be a task in finding them. They had officially moved out of the city and back into the home where shit had hit the fan in both her and Auntie Thee went missing, and Uncle Derrick went Jason Bourne on their asses. "Andy! Ollie! Where in the world are you slippery little worms!?" She had reached the hallway and paused. She knew from the bottom of her soul where those boys were since they are just as intuitive as her when she was their age. "Dang Mumma! I can't find them anywhere!"

"You better look harder, because if Derrick doesn't kill me then Athena will have a field day in having me drawn and quartered!"

After that squabble, Ali crouched low by the arched entrance of the hallway waiting silently as a jaguar's instinctual intuition rolled through her brain. The floorboards started to creak, but not from the top; it was coming from underneath. After Uncle Derrick learned what Athena had used the space for, he decided to keep it that way because - other than what he initially created for - it could come in handy again. With one final push, they broke through like chickweed in a neglected flower bed in mid-July. She jumped, the jaguar in her zeroing in on her prey. She folded the crook of her arms around their small necks and dragged them out of the hole into the living room. They screamed in excitement at the thought of getting caught but they won't go down without a fight. Ollie, the rougher of the two, took his feet and kicked her in the shin, forcing her to loose her grip on him and cater to her shin. The distraction had him pulling Andy free and running to the front door.

"You assholes!"

"Adelia Rose Hahn!" Tilly shouted just as she came down the stairs, "Language! And did you find them?"

"Yh, they dashed outside and I'm about to crucify them!" Not even caring what her mother shouted at this point, Adelia sprinted out like Usain Bolt on the hundred meter sprint. She almost caught up with them when Uncle Derrick shouted.

"Andy! Ollie! Heel!"

The boys immediately skidded to a stop and forced Adelia to follow suit. The click and loading of the forend of a double barrel shotgun had Adelia looking back, and she saw up the driveway pointing the gun outward, trained on whatever was out there. Uncle Derrick had his trusty silver Beretta trained in the same direction..

"Come out now," Derrick started, "or we shoot."

As if hearing the seriousness of death within the heavy undertones of Derrick's voice, the person - a guy - limped away from the tree he's been hiding behind. He was a bloody mess but made an impressive attempt in standing tall. The closer he got, a small red dot began to flicker on his left side of his bloodied and tattered shirt. Adelia didn't need to look back to know that her mother was back on the top floor holding a sniper rifle to this man's chest.

Now that everyone's position was accounted for, Adelia could fully focus on the intruder. Familiarity rolled through her as their eyes met: deep ocean blue eyes bore heavily into her grey ones, the heavy full lips in a stern straight line before giving a light reassuring smile.

"Hey Ali, it's been a while..."

"Alonso??" Adelia gasped, the mechanisms of recognition clicking into place. She hadn't seen him since they were four years old and his father, Vinny, was so gracious enough to let them play in the park while her mum struck a deal with him to let them go in peace.

"Fucking hell!" Derrick and Tilly groaned in unison, each having different scenarios running through their heads.

"Mr. Wilds, we need to talk."

_________________________

A/N: If y'all ain't noticed with Andy and Ollie, I'm a huge Bob's Burgers fan (don't judge me, lol).

OMG! It's over! It's actually over! 😭😭😭😭 I'm going to miss you guys. It was a trip but I hoped you all enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. There were many times I wanted to give up on this book because I'm not popular at all but the flow of the story would not let me go. There may not be much but I'm proud of this book and wouldn't change anything in it because I'm confident in the plotline (don't worry, I'll fix grammatical errors 🙄)

I love you guys for sticking with me and...

I'll write for you soon (hopefully)
~Kimmie~ 😘😘😘