Chapter 7

"She's still not talking?"

"No sir, not a word."

"I see." With a flick of the wrist, he dismissed everyone from his office. That woman is hiding that child well and he's commending her for it; one of the reasons he fell for her, actually - her determination. But it's proving to be troublesome at this very moment. Although it will be big help if Tilly spilled her guts right now, that other woman was grating on his nerves: Athena Dalso. He pulled the file that he had on her and leafed through its contents committing anything he read to memory if it seemed important. She seems like a normal human being; nothing out of the ordinary in terms of bank statements, credit cards, work life and social life, but he can't help but be curious when he hired three guys to question her one day and they end up dead by nightfall of that day. Not to mention the family of Callahan who owns the company he leased the guys from following suit the next night.

He swears the person who killed his family was a guy and even gave a description since the guy was bold enough to show his face yet they can't find him anywhere. It's like they're making it seem like Callahan had a psychotic break and killed his family then blaming it on an imaginary being. But he knew better. this is the work of someone professional and Athena seems to be the trigger behind it. There is a connection in some way twisted way and he's going to unravel it.

He shut the file an sighed rubbing his face as if the stress of the situation could be wiped away. He pressed a small black button on his desk and sure enough one of his guards along with his secretary entered the office. "Nate, has Tilly eaten yet?"

"Not since we brought her here. she refuses to eat anything we give her."

"Hmm. Prepare something and call me when it's ready." He dismissed the footman.

"Angie, let's go over my schedule. I need to figure when I'm free because I have a personal matter to attend to."

"Yes sir." She went outside and brought his calendar to him to discuss flexibility.

He needs answers or all hell will freeze over. His phone began to ring. "Sir, the food's ready." He hung up and turned to Angie. "Stay here. I'll be back in a few." He walked down the hall and into kitchen. He picked up the sandwiches made and went to the holding cells. He walked these halls for years so he knows it like the back of his hand but Tilly is housed in the farthest of them all and that was his destination. He unlocked her door and entered, placed the tray unto the adjacent table and took the lone chair to sit in front of her. He noticed that she looked cleaner than the last time he's seen her so someone is definitely coming down here often - he'll figure out who later - and the bruises across her body are now a dull purple and blue. Her breathing was laboured and erratic but she is alive nonetheless.

"Don't bother. I'm not talking." She said her voice cracking ever so often. It pained him to hear her like this but he needs answers and will not break.

"I didn't come to talk. I came to feed you."

She snorted. "My stomach is already having a nice time eating me from the inside out."

He tsked, "Not a good mindset if you want to return to our daughter."

"My daughter!"

"My seed had a part in it!" His anger bubbled quickly to boiling point but quickly simmered it down. Tilly knew how to play him when he's angry and he won't give her the upper hand. He changed the subject, "Your sister grew into a lovely woman." Nothing. Silence. Tilly is passionate in her beliefs and wears her emotions on her sleeve so any kind of reaction would give him answers to his deductions and he knew that she knew that he knew that. Smart girl. "She seems to be doing well: an 'ok' apartment, stable income and normal social life. If would be a shame if someone came and disrupted it." She still didn't move but he knew that she was seething on the inside. He got up and went for the tray of sandwiches, he placed them in front of her before going over to where the rope that held her upright was secured, "I'll tell her you said hi." Then watched her drop like a bag of sand.

She groaned but said nothing until he was on the other side of the door and it was an inch away from closing. "I will end you..."

He was back up in the main foyer and called a guard from his post. "Go down and watch over Tilly. She's eating and needs to be secured when she's done." A nod of acknowledgement was made before he disappeared and was back in his office rearranging his schedule.

*****

Look at her.
Perfect in every way.
Her hair.
Her eyes.
Her nose.
Her lips...

I want her...

No. Not yet. We can't have her. She doesn't know about us.

Then talk to her...

You know I can't do that.

Fucking wimp! She's right there and you won't do jack shit!

Everything takes steps!

And what fucking steps are you going up? A slide? If you won't take her then move so I can-

Shut up shut up SHUT UP!

Oh! I didn't know a bitch could grow balls. Who the fuck do you think you're shouting at!? You're nothing without me and you know it...

Please... Just shut the hell up.

Look. The flowers arrived.

Adjusting his glasses, he inconspicuously twisted to watch the movements of the flower delivery guy. A dozen lilies draped lazily in the crook of his arm as he asked someone for her. It's her favourite flower. He was almost tempted to take the flowers and deliver it himself but he can't do that. She doesn't know him. He might creep her out. He doesn't want that. Not if he wants her to love him... to love them. Steps. It takes time and he has time. He has the world of it. Focusing back on the delivery guy, she finally came into view. She looks stunning today in a grey, black and white patched wrap dress and yellow heels. Her grey eyes lighting up as soon as she came in contact with the delivery guy.

"Hi. I heard you were looking for me?"

"Athena Dalso?"

"Yup, that's me."

"These are for you; whoever sent them really adores you. Please sign here?"

"Oh thank you!"

He's looking at her too long. If he doesn't lay off her, I will snap his neck! For once, he agrees.

She scribbled her signature lazily across the signature line before taking the flowers. "Do you know who sent them?"

"Sorry miss, I only deliver."

"Oh. Well, thank you."

The delivery guy touched his cap as acknowledgement and left the building. Focusing back on her, he watched as a wistful smile touched her lips before she smelled them and walked back to her desk flaunting the heck out of that dress. He turned around, leaned back into his chair and rubbed the crook of his index finger across the broad smile plastered on his face. She likes them. She didn't reject them. He has a chance.

Chance my ass! She doesn't have a choice. She's mine, remember?!

Ours...

Fuck you.

He can't get over the fact that she took them. She took the flowers. She wants him.

Athena... Soon my love, soon...

______________________

I'll write for you soon _(:3」∠)_

~Kimmie~