Chapter 25 - Derrick

A/N: This is the last time, I'm gonna be saying this to you...

"I'm warning you! 💦💦
^There, I warned you" 😢😢😭😭

_________________________

*seven months later*

"I'm fine Derrick, I'm not going to break." Athena chuckled as she eased off the couch, her skirt fluttering a little bit as she left to put her dishes in the sink. Although, she has physically healed, she still has a few lapses in aches and pains along her joints and wherever else she received the most abuse. Derrick sat back down on the couch wary of any trippy movements she might make while absentmindedly fiddled with his phone.

Derrick has been taking care of her ever since he got her back to the place where it all started: her apartment. He made sure that while she was in the hospital, everything that could be restored will be restored to make her as comfortable as possible. After all, from what he saw in the dungeons, he wouldn't want to be in the crossfire of her true wrath. He realized now that, back then, she was merely taking it easy on him because she's been through so much worse. After piecing together his true occupation, Athena still gave him her blessing on looking into her past; a past that has been sealed even on a federal level.

After finding out that her lover was killed by her own daughter, Athena's mother - Jackie  - psyche literally broke. She went crazy and had to be detained. Both Athena and Tilly had to be separated where Tilly stayed with her biological father and Athena at a safe house under heavy surveillance due to the carnage they saw in the bedroom and on her, and until they reached a court date. It was penned by some of her detainers, that - for the most part - she "behaved like a regular four year old with a high probability of no recollection of what she has done". The only person that was allowed to visit her upon request was her sister. Shockingly, three years later, a court date had been set and reached, and a surprise visit stunned the room: Jackie sat front row all prim and proper behind Athena and the defence team as if she wasn't in a psyche hospital for two years. The judge hasn't even properly situated himself at his podium when she jumped over the barrier and stabbed little Athena in the neck... Now that he did think about it, Derrick did see the remnants of a fading scar on her neck but her hair was always covering it... She was detained again while Athena fought for her life in the hospital. By the time, she became stable, Athena had learned that her mother killed herself by hording the antipsychotic drugs and depressants given to her at her detainment center of the psyche ward. Not only that, the judge found her guilty of manslaughter and sentenced her to eight years at maximum security with an appointed psychiatrist due to her unpredictability despite her model behaviour since the incident. Once she served her time, her records could be sealed depending on her yearly evaluations. And here he thought she led a pretty dull life. At the age of fifteen is when Tilly stopped seeing Athena physically labelling them as estranged, but it was only on Athena's end as Tilly looked out for her in other ways such as wire transfers, gifts for special occasions, and inconspicuous stalking from afar.

Tilly managed to fill in the empty spaces of her whereabouts after she stopped seeing Athena. How her best friend invited her to a family function and met her brother who immediately took a liking to her, then later revealed to be the heir to the biggest crime family of the city - a family he used to work for. Everything was whirlwind for her, from the presents to the international trips to the beatings, but what saved her the most was conceiving and carrying little Adelia. It was then she knew she had to get out of there which led to last year happening with the climax it had.

Something landed heavily on to his lap, pulling him out of his flashback to see Adelia on him grinning from ear to ear, the small gap of a missing tooth gracing the top row of her smile.