Chapter 3 - Athena

A week has passed since Derrick's warning and nothing has happened so Athena has decided to relax on it. Thinking back, she shouldn't have listened to anything he had to say because she knows he plays too much but something in his demeanor said to be on guard and she doesn't take that thing lightly; not with the way she grew up. What Derrick told her, Athena wasn't able to get any information out of Adelia. She was behaving like a regular five year old girl - without a care in the world. Athena thought nothing of it as she set two bowls of cereal on her small dining room table. She should be grateful that Ali came because that little girl unconsciously set a schedule for her. Ali seems to be a morning person because before a worm could move beneath the earth, she was on Athena's back harassing her to get up, then it's the bathroom and food, and over to Derrick while she leaves for work... and on time too!

But today is her day off and without Derrick being none the wiser, she took the time to start cleaning and doing laundry. Adelia didn't have much clothes causing Athena to think about shopping if Ali is going to be here for a while. She wants the girl to have a sense of style. As she was sorting out the colours from the whites, a picture fell out from one of Ali's sweaters. Picking it up, Athena inspected it: it was in rough shape with numerous creases along the image making it hard to make out the shape but she can tell that it was of a person because the figure looked to be sitting. Couldn't make out anymore, she turned the back and - etched rather harshly into the print - two words stood menacingly at attention: stay away. Derrick's words instantly crept back to mind. What the hell is going on? Why would Adelia have this? She folded it and put it in her back pocket, an uneasiness settling in her chest. Tilly, what did you do? Deciding that it was better to distract herself, she quickly threw the first load into the washing machine and began straightening the living room when her doorbell rang.

Wondering who it could be since Derrick doesn't know she's here and rent was paid, she opened her door without checking her peephole. Three burly men stood at her doorway dressed the same way Derrick was a week ago. Fuck, she was thinking how good he looked in it now instead of why these men were bothering her this wonderful Saturday morning. However, they brought her back to reality.

"Mind if we come in? To talk?" The middle one started.

"Yes I do mind. I don't know you."

"Are you Tilly Hahn's sister?" The one on the right asked.

Athena instantly decides to play stupid; an instinct taught to her by Tilly. "Who?"

"Tilly Hahn. Do you know her?" The left one approached.

"Sorry Hun, name doesn't ring a bell."

"How about this?" The middle one spoke up pulling a picture from his back pocket. He seemed the nicest of the three.

Athena took it as innocently as possible. Man these guys are persistent. Sure enough two bodies were in the picture. One was definitely Tilly and the other must be Adelia at around and year. But Athena wouldn't let them know, she knows danger when she feels it. Keeping up with her ruse, she squinted and brought the picture closer to her face as if trying to place them in her head. "Sorry, still not ringing any bells."

"Are you sure?" Righty asked.

"Do I look like I'm lying?" Athena crossed her arms under her chest, irritation creasing her face. Righty was about to say something else but middle man blocked him and gave him a look that spelled trouble if he so as flinch.

"Sorry ma'am, didn't mean to cause trouble but if you hear anything..." Lefty shoved a card into Athena's face, "you'll give us a call?"

"Like a high-end prostitute confirming your appointment." She grinned. A mask would envy the skill.

Middle man smiled, causing an invisible cold shiver to wash over her before leaving her floor. She waited until their footsteps faded and the distinct shut of the building door before collapsing on the floor like a house of cards. That was the nerve-racking thing she's done an she's lied many times before - for the greater good, that is - but she felt her life would be at stake if she gave any type of knowledge that she had or acquired.

Before she could process anything, a pair of arm wrapped under her arms and legs, hoisted her inside and closed the door behind. She should be frantic, fighting even, but the all she wants to do is cry. She hasn't been in a situation like that in a long time and the shock of it all is overwhelming her. She could register that they were going to her couch but the body acting as her security blanket was more than welcomed. Tears started to make their presence known as she clutched at the shirt of her comforter, her body racking with emotions she didn't know she still had. A hand started rubbing her shoulder eventually calming her down and wiping her tears with the back of her hand, she looked up to thank whoever came to silently console her.

Derrick gave a half smile before squeezing her affectionately. "You okay?"

"Yes..." She wanted ask but didn't have the energy to speak.

"I was going to the store to pick up something for Ali before she wakes up." She nodded. "Do you want something?" She quickly shook her head.  He pressed her closer to him, her ass snugly fitting against his groin as his chest touched her back, breath lazily grazing her ear, "are you sure?" She nodded quickly. She was beginning to be aware of his body. The thing that haunts her dreams almost every night. Hell, he actually felt better than her dreams. Needing to put some space between them, she tried shimmying her way out of his grasp but his fingers were like they hooked on to her hips. She wiggled again causing him to suck air through his teeth.

"Derrick, you need to let go."

"Can't. Not right now."

She wiggled again shoving at his hands. "And why not?"

He slid up her couch a little higher letting her sit on the now warm cushion herself but not without a surprise guest resting firmly against her core. She should be appalled but she's dreamt of this many times - hell, she could be dreaming right now - and she doesn't want it to stop.

"This is why." He rotated his hips slowly, the thin fabric of his joggers and the lack thereof of her pajama shorts not alleviating the heat. The pressure was slowly building, having her battle her sense of righteousness and desire as well as holding back her moans. She didn't want him to stop but that doesn't mean she wants to give him the satisfaction of her screams; he's heard too many of that in her dreams. As if hearing her thoughts and disgruntled by it, Derrick lifted her hips a little and slammed into her pushing out the moan - albeit, a shocked one - she so desperately tried to hold back. A hum of approval left his chest and just as he was about to do it again, the loud buzz of her washing machine brought her back to her senses.

Using the distraction, she slipped out of his hold and onto her loveseat. How convenient given that her legs are wobbly and her underwear is soaked to the thread with her juices. Clearing her throat, she effectively took her mind off what just occurred and look straight in his eyes. "Thank you... for comforting me."

He stood, erection level with her head straining against the material of his pants. She caught herself just as her tongue peeked out to lick her lips. "No problem." He was at the door walking like if nothing happened. "I'll bring by Adelia later." He was still giving her her day . He left.

She groaned falling back into the chair. What the fuck, Athena?

_______________________

I'll write for you soon _(:3」∠)_

~Kimmie~