Chapter 14 - Athena

That fucking bastard!

Athena huffed as she threw her stuff on to her bed. Frustration marring her features as the day and her thoughts taxed on her. Derrick has been teasing her ever since that night in his apartment when he didn't let her cum. Fuck a tease; he's been torturing her every chance he gets: sending raunchy pictures of different sex positions via text and pressing up against her each time she needs him for something.

Crossing an arm over her eyes, she remembered the night vividly: the excitement she felt of her standing stark naked upon request as she realized she hadn't worn any underwear that night, his tongue doing wicked things inside her mouth and to her body that she herself hadn't felt even with the very first time she had sex, and those demonic claws he called hands playing her body like a finely tuned guitar after putting in the work to fix it up. Hell, he did put in the work and she only wants him to pull the strings now.

She got wet just thinking about it.

She sighed before getting up and stripping out of her clothes then quickly hopped into the bathroom for a shower. The heat the quickly streaming droplets soothed her skin but she couldn't stay long because she has things to do. That reminds her, she needs to figure out who keeps sending her gifts. Ever since the flower delivery, there's been a gift on her desk at least three times a week. At first, she was flattered by the gesture and thought it was Derrick doing it for some time but since that has been discredited, she now found it plain annoying. It's not easy receiving anonymous gifts because you always unknowingly owe a random person something and, normally, it is not anything good. Also, there's that refurbishment of the photo she gave Derrick over a week ago. With everything that has happened, she doubted he has looked at it again after the day she gave it to him but it doesn't hurt to inquire. Him touching her again immediately popped back into her mind and she gasped before patting her cheeks silly. She definitely needs to calm down if she ever wants things to be civil again between the two of them.

Just as she stepped out of her shower, her doorbell rang. Wrapping a towel around her, she answered the door. No one was there, however, there was another gift: a classically pristine long white box with red trimmings. Picking it up she quickly untied the red string. She screamed her head off throwing the box across the hall and causing Derrick to fly out of his apartment.

"Thee, baby, what's the matter?" He gripped her shoulders tightly trying to get her to look at him and calm down.

She pointed shakily at the box she just threw across the hall. Letting her go, he went to exam it but she couldn't bear the loss of contact so she clutched a fistful of his soft, black, cotton shirt into her hand and willed herself to relax a bit as she followed behind him to the source of her woes. He stooped low and uncovered the box which had Athena retching a little at seeing the items inside: two long-stemmed roses, some chocolates, a bloody knife and a pair of freshly cut lips aligned neatly with a card on top. Athena hid in his shoulder blade having seen enough of the sight in front of her but not before reading the words on the card: "Kisses for my sweet", and noticing that not once did she see a reaction out of Derrick. Closing the box, and gripping it tightly, he turned to her. "Go back into your apartment, I'll call this in."

"Derrick?"

"Go, Athena."

Reluctantly, she listened,and after some minutes ticked by she began pacing up and down from the kitchen to the living room until she heard the subtle click of her lock, did she rush to hug him.

"Where's Ali?"

"She's asleep in my bed."

"Go join here." She moved to protest but he cut her off, "I'll be right out here."

She bit her lip before sighing in defeat and giving a small nod. As she was about to walk away, Derrick pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "It's going to be okay. I won't let anything happen to you."

She took solace in the that. She tiptoed and kissed his cheek forgetting about everything that bothered her in the shower, "good night... Derrick."

________________

I'll write for you soon

~Kimmie~