Chapter 11 - Athena

Athena dropped the bags she had in her hands as soon as she got to her floor, ran into Derrick's apartment and started shouting Adelia's name. She's going to kill him. Nothing elaborate, nothing messy; just kill him and she will watch too. She put Adelia's life in his hands and this is what she gets for her trust: a ransacked apartment and a missing child?! She checked the bedrooms and the kitchen cabinets, anywhere she thinks a small child could hide before looking in to the bathroom. The lock was literally smashed to bits and the wood splintered in such a way that even a Neanderthal would be disgruntled by.

she checked under the sink and moved the shower curtain but no Ali. Ready to burst into tears, she plopped onto the toilet and let an emotionally shuddering sigh, her attachment to the girl has grown considerably, "Ali, where are you hun?"

A few seconds of silence ticked by before a large thunk! of metal against tile next to the toilet scared the evil out of her. She looked up just as a teddy bear fell to the ground, then a blanket and a hand sticking out. Instinctively reaching out, she pulled until a dust-covered, musty smelling Adelia sprung from the crevice like new life in a now defunct desolate patch of land. Not even caring how she looked, Athena draped her into a tight hug just overwhelmed that she is here and existing in front of her. Tears leaked as she peppered kisses all over the child's face; if Ali were to disappear and Tilly decided to pull a 'here's Johnny' today, might as well have hoped that someone upstairs was looking out for your soul as Tilly dragged it to hell for a nice cup of tea and a 'chat'.

"Thank God you're safe." The words were barely a whisper when a shout came from the living area. Pushing Ali behind her, Athena was preparing for the worst as a blurry figure zoomed passed the bathroom and then skidded to a halt and doubling back to the bathroom. That blurry fuzz that ran across the hall was none other than Derrick Wilds.

Stalking into the bathroom and taking up space along the way, he gently pushed Athena to the side and dropped to his knees. He pulled a lock of Ali's hair before running his knuckles against the side of her face and then engulfing her into a huge hug whispering in a language that was news to her.

"Are you okay, Ali? Are you hurt? What happened here? Athena's gonna have my ass..."

Her anger trumping propriety, she smacked Derrick across the head catching him off-guard. "I could kill you! You left a five year old unattended for, God knows, how long and this happens! What would you say to me if something happened to her!? She's not even my biological child! What the hell would I say to her mother if she decided to crawl out of whatever God forsaken hole she decided to hide in-" What the...

Coming to his full height, Derrick wrapped his hands around her neck and pulled her close forcing her to strain on her tiptoes as he lips quickly descended on hers, seizing her up immediately. Derrick is kissing her... DERRICK IS KISSING HER! Grabbing a fistful of his shirt, she reared up, ready to push him away but he started moving his lips and sucked all the fight out of her. Her calculations were correct; those full, juicy lips felt like pillows against her own and soft enough that she wanted to bite into them. He let go of her neck and a weird sadness creeped in from the lack of touch but was easily replaced with faint surprise as his hands circled her waist and pulled her in to touching the length of his body, their clothes the only barrier of protection. He didn't give her time to get comfortable as a hand slid over her ass and squeezed hard making her gasp.

"Mhm." He groaned as he took advantage of her reaction by sliding his tongue in and tasting her even further.

Athena was overwhelmed. He was really good at this - which she figured as much - but she didn't expect to lose her shit so quickly. Knowing that her legs were probably behaving like Bambi, she risked taking step which successfully got her off balance forcing the kiss to break as Derrick tried to steady her. Once that was accomplished, she couldn't bring herself to look him in the face due to indecisiveness: would she kiss him again? Slap him? Or play like this never happened? Turns out she didn't have to make a decision as Derrick placed a kiss next to her left eye then on her forehead.

"I should smack you too." He said.

"What for?"

"You didn't answer your phone when I called. You had me worried..."

She worried him?? Clearly, this is a parallel universe  because Derrick's never known to worry about anything. "Well, I'm sorry. I probably got caught up in shopping."

"Let it happen to you again and I may have to put a tracker on you."

"Don't you dare-!" Athena couldn't finish her sentence as Derrick got distracted by a tugging on his shirt sleeve signalling that Adelia was still in the bathroom with them. She mentally face-palmed herself. How could she forget that Ali was in here? The girl puts cats to shame. He crouched to her level, "what is it, kiddo?"

"I want kisses too."

He chuckled, "sure." He placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Uh-uh, here." She tapped her index finger against her lips. Derrick blew an exasperated sigh as he ran his hand through his hair and rubbed his neck a bit before squelching Ali's protest with a quick kiss on the cheek. She narrowed her eyes at him, a slight pout to her lips, "close enough," before traipsing out of the room.

__________________

A/N:  I never gave Derrick a last name, did I? Lol, my bad but do you like it though?

Comment and tell me

I'll write for you soon _(:3」∠)_

~Kimmie~