Preston's speech got me thinking and I barely paired attention to the rest of the speeches. I wondered if everything that happened this year with Zayne was worth it. Did I waste my senior year faffing over a troubled boy?

The senior class began to cheer and threw their caps up into the air. This reminded me faintly of the end scene in High School Musical, the movie that fooled everyone into thinking that high school was actually a happy place and that boyfriends could be that sweet.

"We graduated, Rori!" Zoë enveloped me into a back-breaking embrace.

This was the most excited I've ever seen Zoë. She kept from me to Preston to Bash and to Coach Dunne who happened to walk over to congratulate us.

"Who knew you two would graduate?" He smiled and shook his head probably reflecting on our many days of laziness and excuses.

"You know what, all those excuses shouldn't have excused you!" Coach said. "Care to take a lap for lying?"

Zoë and I grinned. "It is graduation and we might never do PE ever again so..." Zoë looked at me for confirmation.

I nodded. "Might as well do it."

I handed my heels to Bash and Zoë handed hers to Preston. We began our final lap around the football field and even though my lungs burned and my throats became dry I loved every second of it.

"You know, Coach," I panted, when we stopped in front of them, "I think we deserve a hug after that. The looks we got!"

Coach chuckled and gave us both a bear hug.

We congratulated everyone and a few of us agreed to go to dinner tonight to celebrate. I was excited, but I knew I had to make one last stop before I celebrated and officially set off to begin my new life.

"Congratulations kiddo," my dad said.

He had come to my graduation and the good thing was that he was fully recovered and he was a completely different man.

"Thanks dad," I said, "but, I have to stop somewhere quickly before going to diner," I told him when we arrived at home and he nodded.

I left the house and headed for the clearing, hopping to see a certain someone. I needed closure before going off to university.

The clearing still looked the same as it always had, it beauty still captivating to any wandering eye. I felt sadness creepy up at the thought of not being able to come here when life was difficult. I smiled at the memories that the clearing held. This was where we had first met.

His eyes were focused on my cheeks and when he felt my penetrating gaze his blue and brown eyes met my gaze. The moment felt intense and I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach before I vomited beside me.

And that time when I knew I was his forever.

"You'll never lose me," I said.

We had creating unforgettable memories here and this was like our safe haven. I didn't know if I could stand being here without crying, but I managed to blink the tears away.

"You look beautiful."

I knew who had said that without having to turn around, but I did because I wanted to see him and look him in the eyes and to see if he really was fine.

"Zayne," was all I managed to get out.

He walked closer and stepped into the moonlight. "Congratulations on graduating," he said.

I nodded. "You too."

There was silence.

"Uhm...I'm moving to the U.K," I said.

This caught Zayne's attention and he looked up, pulling his hands out of his pockets and clenching his fists.

"Really? I'm happy you're doing...what you want to do." The words seemed difficult to force out of his mouth.

"Yeah, I'm leaving tomorrow morning." I felt my throat close up as I watched him stumble back a bit at the sudden news.

I hated this. I prayed that he'd try to convince me to stay, but he didn't say anything and that made my heart constrict in immense pain.

"I love you, Zayne," I choked on a sob.

He rushed towards me and hugged me. I cried into his chest.

"It's been so difficult without you," I cried, "I'm so sorry!"

He kissed my forehead. "No, it wasn't your fault."

When I was done crying he let me go.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me most," he apologized.

"Who was that woman? When I can that day?"

Zayne smiled. "She was just my aunt. She's a but crazy but my dad didn't want me to come home in the state I was alone and she was the only one around to help."

I smiled in relief. She wasn't a woman he was sleeping with. She was just a crazy aunt.

"What happens now?" I asked him.

His smiled dropped. "I don't know."

It broke my heart knowing that we didn't know where to go from here. I knew I loved him with all my heart and soul and to think of a life without him caused me great pain.

"I love you, Zayne Thatcher and I'll never ever forget you."

A tear slid down my cheek, he looked up to blink his away.

"I love you with all my heart, Aurora Ellis and I never want to forget you or lose you, but if this will make you happy I need to let you go. Fuck, why does this hurt so bad?"

And with one last kiss, a goodbye kiss we parted ways. I felt my heart tear and found it almost impossible to walk as I watched him break down on his knees. It just couldn't end this way.

I didn't know how to go on with life anymore as I boarded that plane and watched the love of my life fade away into my past.

****

The End!

No I'm not kidding but there will be an Epilogue. So, I actually felt my heart hurt as I wrote this and I felt my stomach churn. This made me so sad but it's been such a privilege to write Aurora and Zayne's story and I'm looking forward to writing another story that hopefully you guys will enjoy as much as this one and the previous one!

And this is your author signing off for the last time on TBBSB and I'll see you soon!

~Trisha