Chapter 24 - Epilogue

It's been almost a week since Zack and I hooked up and everyday has been a fairytail with him. I never want to leave his side. Ever.

But I have to. Tomorrow is the last day of school.

It's summer break. I'd be driving back home to celebrate my birthday with my family and he would probably be going to Germany to visit his folks. It saddens me to think about this whole thing. I just found the love of my life and now we have to go our own ways.

"I wish I could be there." 

"I know. I do too. It would make my birthday this year even more special." I state, sighing.

"Don't be down in the dumps, Madison. It's not like we won't be seeing each after break. I'll still get to see you and you'll still get to see me."

I stretched my arms towards him, embracing him in a hug. His rhythmic heartbeat against my ear is like a lullaby to me. Oh, I'm so in love with this man. Everything about him is just so perfect. I can't get enough of him. I really can't stop stressing on that fact alone.

He hugs me back, rubbing my back. 

This is practically what we would do when almost every school work is done. We would just laze around his bed (my bed is long gone unused) holding each other in our arms, our legs linked to each other or we'd engage in a full blown make out session.

"I love you, Zack." I muse, my voice muffled up by his sweater, filling the void between his fingers with mine.

"I love you more, Madison." He squeezes my hand.

*~*~*~*~*

I must have dozed off because when I pry my eyes open, Zack still has his arms around me. He's fast asleep.

He looks so adorable.

I couldn't help but peck him right on the centre of his lips. He's just so irresistible. I snuggle myself closer to him, our bodies almost united.

I close my eyes, ready to surrender myself to sleep in his arms.

"Is that all I get?"

My eyes snap open. It's Zack. His eyes are closed but his lips tell a different story. He has a cheeky smile plastered on them.

"I'm sorry I woke you up. I just coudn't help myself."

His eyes, his blue oceans flew open and I swear, every time they're on me, I could feel them boring into me. 

"Of course you couldn't. You are talking about me here. I'm irresistible." he jokes.

"Someone clearly has a big head now."

"Oi!" he slaps my back, good-naturedly.

I giggle. Serves him right.

"Oh, Madison, if you really want to kiss me, do it properly. A kiss should never be wasted."

"Says who?" I challenge, my eyebrows raised.

"Me."

The next thing I know, his lips crashed against mine and we're now on our full blown make-out session. The taste of his sweet minty breathe never fail to enchant me. His soft lips always seemed to fit perfectly in mine, making my heart flutter uncontrollably. He's always so gentle, so cautious. It was only a moment before he pulled away, smiling.

No, don't pull away from me.

I was begging through my eyes for his lips to find their way to mine. But it went unnoticed.

He stared at me, brushing a loose strand of hair of my hair, his touch on my skin leaving me craving for more.

"You are so beautiful," he breathes, brushing my cheek with the back of his hand before planting a kiss on the middle of my forehead.