She went through rush and everybody was so nice, always smiling at her and asking her what she enjoys in life. She kept the answers short especially when it came to reading genres. She wished at the time she had answers like the peers around her. People were into volleyball or traveled to somewhere fun. But all she had to contribute the the conversation was that all summer all she did was read and hung out with her brother at home. She didn't have friends that she went to Cabo with, she didn't leave a boyfriend behind. She ran to Montana hoping college would be a different life for her. Where she would meet real people that like her for her and not just the money and boys she hung out with.

She didn't really fit into any of the houses but she was a legacy at Delta Theta Delta and that is how she met Bianca and Susan, as well as about sixty other girls. Her Mom was so excited about Mackenzie's new adventure at the sorority house.

She wished her the best of luck before her and Mackenzie's father decided to take a three-year adventure traveling through Africa helping out with villages. It was their dream since they were Mackenzie's age and now that both Mackenzie and her brother were out of the house they thought it was the perfect time. They promised to check in occasionally but cell service and computers were limited in their area. Ron, Mackenzie's brother, couldn't care less. Instead of college he decided to follow his rich friend Jeff around the east coast. Leaving Mackenzie to fend for herself in college, with no one to lean back on when she felt homesick. But it was okay because she had the sorority, kind of.

"I wasn't invited," Mackenzie said looking a bit ashamed.

"Well I was figuring you could be my plus one." Bianca said. Mackenzie sat up in her chair excited about being invited to a party. She had the biggest crush on Noah the musician in the house. He once said hi to her and she almost swooned over him. It has been awhile since she felt like this for a guy. "Only catch is that there is a twenty dollar cover charge and I spent all my money on the dress I wanted to wear tonight."

"Oh, I can cover you," Mackenzie said. Her parents had provided her with a trust fund that she had complete access to when she turned 18 even though she was still in high school when she got it. She hadn't really touched it much because money didn't really concern her, but it was nice that while she was focusing on college she didn't have to work. "Should I wear anything special?" She suddenly felt insecure about her t-shirt that had the flash symbol on it.

"No that's fine," Bianca said not even bothering to look at Mackenzie's outfit. "And just think Derrick will be there."

"Derrick?" Mackenzie said, she has heard his name before. Half of her sorority has slept with him. Something about him made all the girls swoon.

"Yes, Derrick." Bianca snapped back, annoyed that Mackenzie doesn't know who he is. "He will be my future husband." She holds up her hand examining the imaginary engagement ring on her finger.

"Sorry I haven't met him yet," Mackenzie said.

"Of course not you are a freshman and he is a senior, why would he look at you," Bianca said in a duh voice.

"True," Mackenzie said looking down at her book, not wanting to make eye contact because she felt vulnerable and partly pissed. But it wasn't like her to push back when people insulted her.

"Anyways meet me at the house at eight we are going to pregame before we head over."" She got up leaving Mackenzie with her books.

Mackenzie arrived promptly at 7:55 at the sorority house. She stared up at the big white building. It's columns making a nice regal feel to the home. It was three stories high and about thirty girls lived in it. Every sophomore and junior had to live there, they told Mackenzie that it had to deal with sisterhood. But she felt it was more that they couldn't afford the house without forcing the girls to pay the rent on it. She traveled inside the house waving at the girls who are getting ready. She wandered up to the second floor, weaving her way through until she was able to find both Susan and Bianca hiding in Bianca's room with three full wine bottles.