Chapter 11: Numbered!

Kakashi faintly smiled at Melody as she sat on the carpet, reading through one of her scrolls. He sat down on the chair and drummed his fingers on the arm before leaning forward.
"Listen, Melody," He began. She looked up and smiled. "Since you became Chunin... I wanted to give you a gift."

He placed his hands together and a rather large scroll appeared. Melody raised an eyebrow before standing up and walking over to Kakashi.

"I believe it's time for you to learn how to summon. From this day on, you'll make a contract with a summons and learn how to work with them like I have with Pakkun and the others."

Melody's eyes widened and she squealed in delight, "Oh, Kakashi, this is amazing!"

She jumped at Kakashi and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He chuckled and rubbed her back before setting her back down onto the floor.
"First, you need to sign your name in blood." He explained. Melody nodded and bit the tip of her finger. She leant over the scroll and began to sign her name. She then placed each of her fingers together before pressing it above her name. "Now... you won't have the same as me... but give it a go."

She placed her hands together and made a few hand signs before placing her hand on the ground.
"Summoning Jutsu!"

In a puff of smoke, Melody managed to summon two wolves. She blinked as one yawned and laid down whilst the other jumped around.

Kakashi chuckled before standing up and heading to the kitchen.

"Guess we can't call you the kitten of the Leaf."
"Wow... two?"

Melody dropped to her knees and watched the two, "How come there's two at once?" They looked at her.

"Because we're partnered together." The little girl said, pouncing forward, "I'm your very own; Luna." She raised her paw and batted the bracelet on Melody's wrist and her eyes widened.
"Get outta the way, she's my master." The other pup pushed Luna over and she rolled away.

"I'm Faolan!" He barked loudly, causing Melody to giggle, helping the black wolf up. "We will be summoned together, always. Don't you have a partner?" He asked, sniffing her hand. Melody shook her head, cuddling the two wolves, both panting in happiness. "Well, that's okay!"

Suddenly the three were rolling around and pouncing about the living room, playing tug of war. Kakashi walked in as Faolan pounced onto the coffee table and sent the fruit bowl flying.
"Alright, you three, can you take your energy and go to the shops, please." Kakashi said sternly, staring at the three rolling around on the floor as he caught the bowl of fruit. Melody got up, blushing a little.
"I'm sorry, Kakashi." She apologized, picking up Luna, causing Faolan to whine in frustration. Luna panted softly. Kakashi ruffled Melody's hair, smiling at her.

"It's okay. Now go collect these for tonight, please." He said, giving her a list as he ushered her towards the door and Faolan followed.

Once she was out, she began to make her way to the market. They headed along the street before Melody recognized a raven-haired male.

"Sasuke!" She called.

He frowned and turned around. His expression softened and he walked over to her.

They greeted each other and the pups began to bark loudly at him. His brow furrowed as he raised his finger and poked the wolf puppies.

"When did you get a pet? Or rather, when did you get two?" Sasuke asked, not taking his eyes off the pets. The wolf pups growled and gnashed their teeth.