Chapter Three: Surprise

Melody slumped to the floor, panting heavily. She lay there staring up at the sky. Being alone was not helping her. She suddenly felt a shadow over her. She blinked and rolled over.

A young girl, no older than her, was stood there smiling. She had a bright smile and dark hair which had a small ribbon in, keeping a lock of hair tied up. She held a dumpling and presented it to Melody.

"You look kinda hungry." She said.

Melody stood up and dusted herself off before accepting the dumpling. She nibbled on it, her eyes widened before she began chomping it down.

"I'm Kaiya." The little girl said.

Melody gulped down the food. "I'm Melody. This is really good."
"My brother and I made it... I know who you are. I've watched you train here." Kaiya smiled at Melody. She clasped her hands behind her back as Melody finished the last of the dumpling. "Can I train with you?" She asked Melody.
Melody shuffled her feet and nodded.

Both girls ended up not training, but sitting and talking with one another as the hours passed by.
"I don't have many friends." Melody said softly as Kaiya begun to plait her hair.
"Nor do I. I don't go to the Academy; I didn't want to... but I trained with my big brother and his friend." Kaiya explained. Melody shuffled a little. "But I'm glad I got to meet you! This has been fun. Maybe next time we can train?!" She said excitedly.

Melody nodded as she spotted Kakashi heading over. "Well, I gotta go! Bye, Kaiya."
"Bye, Melody!" Kaiya watched the young girl go to the white-haired man before she scampered off to find her brother.

Melody had been training for a few weeks now and she had pretty much gotten the idea of her shadow clones, but the water walking was proving to be a problem. 

Approaching the bank, she took off her socks, shoes, and shorts as she prepared herself for another afternoon of falling in the lake.

After a while, Melody began panting and sweating. She stopped and composed herself. Her tongue stuck out and she sighed. "Come on, Melody..."

Melody unclenched her eyes and, sure enough, she felt the coldness at her feet. She looked down and she was standing on the water. Her eyes opened fully and she began to grin. She moved slightly forward, and then back. She picked up one of her legs and hopped from foot to foot. She bent down and swished the water. 

"Kakashi, I did-" She tripped over and fell on her face. Kakashi laughed before coughing. "Well done, Melody. You achieved water walking." Melody knelt on the water and shook her head. "Your task for the rest of the day is to move that bell."

Over the next few days, Melody would start by walking on the lake. She had quickly realized that she enjoyed the water style the most as she read through different scrolls Kakashi gave her.

Melody stared at the bell, held up her hand and closed her eyes. Her tongue stuck out and she hummed softly.

"Please move." She whispered.
"Helloooo!"

Her eyes opened and she came face to face with Kaiya.
"Kaiya!" She squealed. Kaiya smiled brightly at the little girl and stepped back. "What are you doing here?"
"Came to see you, silly. Here." She threw Melody a dumpling and walked around the training ground as Melody ate it. "What are you doing today?"
"Mmpphh mmpph mph." Melody said with a full mouth. Kaiya blinked. "Huh?"
Melody swallowed and pointed at the bell. Kaiya turned around and looked at it.

"I'm trying to move that bell... but it's trouble. Hey, wanna see me walk on water?" She asked. Kaiya nodded.

Melody walked to the edge of the water and took off her shoes before concentrating. She felt a surge run through her before she jumped onto the water and danced around a little. Kaiya clapped her hands together.