Secret Place

It was a particularly hot day as Hinata sat underneath the big hollow tree at the playground, looking around await for Komaeda to make his appearance for their daily play at the park. School had been extremely stressful that week, to the point where the two 11 year olds had no time to themselves or fun.

Now it was the weekend however, which finally meant a chance at freedom and some play time at the park. And so this is where Hinata was now, picking at the grass and occasionally looking up to look for his playground companion. "I wonder where he is... he said he'd be here as soon as he could..." The small boy stood up and looked around the playground, attempting to spot his white haired companion. As per usual on a hot day, there wasn't much movement in the park, only a few kids playing on the swing or eating an ice cream cone on the benches.

Thinking back to when he first left his house, Hinata predicted it must have only been 3:30 in the afternoon, almost an hour since he had first left, although it hadn't really felt like it. "Maybe I'll go back inside for something to drink, and when I come back he'll be here..." Hinata said to no one in particular. The boy made his way back home quickly, gulped down a glass of homemade Lemonade made by his mother, then ran back towards the park feeling refreshed and excited.

While he hadn't been gone for long, he was certain that Komaeda made his way towards the park while he was gone and had simply lost track of time due to a book he was reading. However, once he retrieved to the park, there was no sign of Komaeda anywhere, only now new kids that had claimed his spot under the tree. Puffing out a sigh of now annoyance and maybe a bit of worry, Hinata walked around once more to confirm that Komaeda was no where in sight before making his way towards the white-haired ones house.

It only took about 10 minutes until he arrived to the oh so familiar big house that he has seen and stayed in multiple times throughout the years. Once he walked up the large flight of stairs, Hinata knocked on the door and he expected for Komaeda to appear, but only to receive nothing. "Komaedaaaaa! It's Hinataaaa! Let's go play for a bit!" Hinata yelled out after a while, but once again receive nothing back.

Finally deciding to give up, Hinata made his way down and slowly made his way back home. "Where could he be? He didn't say anything about going off somewhere this weekend." Hinata thought to himself bitterly, he has been looking forward to playing in the park since school had let out earlier that day.

Feeling tired and hungry, Hinata made made it back home in no time, and while rather worried for his friend, was actually more curious as to where his whereabouts could be.

^~^~^~^~^

The remainder of the day continued to be rather uneventful, nothing particularly good to watch on TV, no good books to read, and while dinner was good, the conversations between Hinata's parents was tiresome and bland. As such, despite having done nothing that day besides attend school, Hinata's head hit the pillow and he instantly fell into deep sleep.

That was only for a few hours however, as soon Hinata found himself jerking awake by the small movement of his arm and his name being called out softly. Rubbing his eyes and getting his eyes adjusted to the darkness, Hinata looked at the figure in front of him and...

".... where were you earlier?! I've waited outside in that heat for-" "Shhhh Hinata-kun!" Komaeda motioned for Hinata to lower his voice, covering the brunette's mouth with his own hand. "I apologize Hinata-kun, it's rather lowly of me to not go and tell you, but I must've gotten rather distracted today..."

Removing the hand from his mouth, Hinata couldn't help but frown at Komaeda. "Distracted? Where were you? I went to your house too to see if you were there but you didn't even answer..." Komaeda shook his head, a knowing smile creeping on his face. "I wasn't home Hinata-kun, that's why I'm here, to show you something."