Lost - Drabble #13

"Ah, I think we might want to take a right here Hajime."

"Nagito, you literally said the same thing 5 times in a row already."

"Well, that is what the map says to do."

"If that is what the map is telling us to do, then we would have made it to the camp site 1 hour ago then!"

Hajime stomped his foot on the ground, rubbing his fingers against his temple in an attempt to control his temper. Which was non-surprisingly, very hard to do when you and your boyfriend are lost in the middle of the woods for 6 hours after being separated from your classmates on a class field trip.

It was also especially frustrating when said boyfriend seemed to take this all as if it were some sort of fun game.

"Just, can you give me the map for just a moment Nagito?" Hinata asked through clenched teeth.

"Of course Hajime! I'm sure you'll be able to read the map better then I ever can." Komaeda said, holding out the map with a smile on his face as Hinata snatched it from him.

As soon as his eyes laid down at the map, his frustration quickly turned to confusion as he realized that he had no idea how to read a map. With no cell service for miles upon miles, the students were given a map by their teacher, Chisa Yukizome, in order to help them learn how to use one. Sadly, the two of them get lost before they could ask their teacher how exactly a map works.

"This... This doesn't make any sense!!" Hinata through the paper over his shoulder, which Komaeda quickly caught before it could land on the ground. "It seems like I underestimated Hajime's abilities huh?" Komaeda laughed a little. Hinata could only shoot him a glare.

"How are you so calm about this Nagito? It's almost fucking night time! What if we don't make it to camp and we end up lost here for who knows how long?!" Hinata finally snapped.

Komaeda immediately looked at him, a confused look on his face before he smiled once more. "Because, Hajime, obviously we're in this situation because of my luck, right?" Hinata started at him, slowly starting to realize where Komaeda was going at. "This is very much bad luck for the both of us, isn't that right? So the good luck that will come from this experience will surely be something spectacular!"

The two of them stood there for a moment, Hinata still staring at a very enthusiastic Komaeda. "Well then? Let's get moving Hajime-kun! We should be near camp now!" With that said, Komaeda grabbed onto Hinata's wrist and proceeded to drag him on deeper into the forest.

~*~*~

After what seemed like almost another half hour gone by, the pair finally stopped at a clearing. Komaeda let got of Hinata's hand, which he instantly rubbed in an attempt to return blood circulation to his wrist. "Jeez, you didn't have to hold it that hard Nagito." Hinata mumbled.

He expected a laugh and an apology in return, but he was greeted with silence. He looked up at Komaeda, who looked down at the map with intensity, almost as if he was trying to uncover the secrets that it held within. Hinata couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, come sit down for a bit, it's almost dinner time and we hadn't had anything to eat yet." Hinata gestured towards the ground. Komaeda looked up and gave him a sheepish smile. "I'm not very hungry right now Hajime, maybe later-"

His sentence was interrupted with a loud growl coming from his stomach, to which Hinata responded with by throwing an energy bar from his backpack at him. "Your stomach says otherwise, now eat." Komaeda obliged, giggling a little as he sat down next to Hinata.

The two sat in silence for a while, watching as the sky above them slowly began to turn dark and listening to the crickets beginning to come out from the night. "It really is beautiful, isn't it Hajime?" Komaeda's voice came out, almost as a whisper in an attempt to not interrupt the peaceful silence.

Despite their current situation, Hinata couldn't disagree that the scenery was beautiful. "Yeah, it really is." He said. He could see now why Yukizome-Sensei wanted them to come out into the forest for the week.

"You know Hajime," Komaeda spoke a little louder, still looking up at the sky, "even if we end up lost in this forest forever, to the point where we might even die here, I would be completely ok with that, because I'm here with you!" Komaeda looked at him as he said that, his usual smile on his face.

"...... What?" Was all the came out of Hinata's mouth after a moment. "First off, we're not gonna die here Nagito, the others will surely find us or we'll end up finding them, second off..." he paused for a moment, "... Thanks, I guess?" Komaeda could only begin laughing out laugh at his reaction.

"Hey! Are you two love birds just gonna sit there the entire night or what?"

At the sound of a voice, the two looked back to see a few of their classmates standing behind them, the one speaking out being Kuzurryu.

"Kuzurryu!" Hajime was instantly on his feet, Komaeda following soon after. "Thank god you found us! We've been wondering here for hours!"

Kuzurryu scoffed. "Of course we found you, we've all been looking for you two fuckers ever since we made it to the campsite and realize you two were missing!"

"That is correct! As they say, 'all hell broke lose' when we all couldn't remember when we last saw you two!" Sonia suddenly spoke out from behind, a wave of relief shown across her face. Komaeda laughed, a bit of embarrassment on his face.

"I sincerely apologize for causing all of you so much trouble, I understand we all go you would be concerned over Hinata-kun, but over me as well is surely very-"

"Yeah yeah whatever whatever!" Owari said, a partially eaten chicken leg in her hand. "Let's just go back to camp already! It's probably already dinner time over there and Hanamura made us all a hot pot tonight!" She stated, looking ready to ditch them at the thought of Hanamura's food.

The group of 5 made there way back towards the campsite, the 3 rescuers telling about how worried everyone had been to the point where Yukizome almost reported missing students to the park rangers. As the group laughed together, Komaeda interwinded his fingers with Hinata's, catching him by surprised. "See? I told you my luck would get us found."

Hinata rolled his eyes, squeezing Komaeda hand in the process, a small smile still present on his face. "Yeah, I know I know. And by the way? Next we get a map, I'm going to guide us with it, alright?"

Komaeda laughed along as well. "It's a deal."