Sickness - Drabble #11

"God dammit Nagito, just eat the damn soup already."

Hinata held a spoonful of chicken soup in front of his husband's mouth, who was keeping it shut with a frowned plastered on his face. He looked at the soup with complete disgust, almost as if it was the worse thing he had seen in his life.

It was usually around this time of year when most people would get a bad case of strep-throat, and non-surprisingly, Komaeda happened to be one of those people. It was also accompanied with constant vomiting and a stubborn mood that was getting on Hinata's nerves.

"Hajime, I've already told you that I am not hungry." He tried to sound stern as he said this, but his scratchier than usual voice and the constant voice cracks made it almost impossible to take him seriously.

Hinata took a deep breath, trying his hardest not to lose his patience. He felt like he was taking care of a child. "I know that Nagito, but you have to eat in order to take your medicine, so please, just eat at least a couple of spoonfuls for me? I'll let you sleep after that."

The frown on Komaeda's face faltered, before he seemingly gave up, and opened his mouth to let the soup in. Hinata retreated the now-empty spoon, letting out a sign of relief.

"Thank you, now just eat a little bit mor-"

Before he could even finish, Komaeda proceeded to spit out the soup into the bowl and started coughing violently.

"... Dammit." Was all Hinata could mumbled has he rubbed Komaeda's back in an attempt to calm down his coughing fit.

Once the coughing had died down, Komaeda looked at him, a guilt-ridden look on his face. "I'm sorry, Hajime. Trash like me managed to ruin the soup..."

Hinata frowned at him. "It's not your fault Nagito, plus if you didn't spit it out then you would have probably choked on it."

Komaeda hummed, looking down and still looking guilt-ridden. "I suppose that's true..."

Hinata got up from the bed, taking the soiled bowl of soup with him and walked towards the door. "There's still some soup left on the stove, I'll just replace it and-"

"I'm sorry you have to deal with incompetent trash such as myself Hajime."

Hinata stopped in his tracks and looked back at the sick boy. "Huh?"

Komaeda kept looking down, not wanting to look at Hinata in the eye. "You shouldn't have to worry about me Hajime, all I'm doing is giving you a hard time, because I'm so incredibly stubborn when really I should be thankful that someone so kind and full of hope has you loves me enough to take care of worthlessness like-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he felt a pair of lips clash with his, and his eyes widened. When Hinata pulled back from the kiss, Komaeda could only look at him, dumbfounded, before mumbling, "Now you'll probably get sick as well."

"Nagito, I'm taking care of you because I want to, and I love you, so don't go saying that your trash because your not alright?" Hinata said sternly. Komaeda could only blink and blush before nodding an "ok".

A small smile formed on Hinata lips. "Besides, we've known each other since we were kids Nagito, I know everything about your stubbornness."

"H-hey!" Komaeda laughed, much to Hinata's delight.

"I'll go get you some more soup, alright." Hinata said as he began to walk out of their bedroom.

"Ah actually Hajime!" Komaeda called out, making Hinata turn back around.

"Mm?"

Komaeda smiled at him childishly. "I would like some tomato soup more then chicken soup please."

Hinata sighed and shook his head, walking out of the room. "As long as you actually eat it!" He called out.