Silver Ring - Drabble #14

Hinata stood in front of the full length mirror, looking at his appearance from top to bottom.

He work a black suit, a white dress shirt underneath, his favorite green tie that he has had for who knows how long (but he knew that for sure it was Komaeda's favorite tie too), and his spiky brown hair seemed to be at its best today, thankfully giving him no trouble at all like it usually did.

"Perfect." He thought to himself. Taking a deep breath, he reached into his front pocket and took out the small box. Opening the small box up reviled the plain yet stunning silver engagement ring, the words 'Forever and Always' engraved into it.

Giving himself a small smile to reassure himself, Hinata closed the box once again, stuffing it deep into his pocket once more. "If I don't do it today, then I won't do it any other day. Today will be the day I propose to him, once and for all."

"Hajime?" Upon hearing his name, he turned around to see Komaeda standing at the door way of their bedroom, looking impatient. "Are you ready now? We have reservations in 10 minutes!"

Hinata smiled at Komaeda, walking up to him and kissing him in the cheek. "Yeah I'm ready, lets go already."

Komaeda smiled at him back. "Great!"

~*~*~

"This is a rather nice place, don't you think Hajime?" Komaeda remarked as he looked around the restaurant, surprised at just how fancy it was.

"Well it is a pretty special day for us, don't you think so?" Hinata raised his glass up, to which Komaeda proceeded to do as well as they clinked their glasses of wine together. "Happy 6 year anniversary, Nagito."

"The same goes for you, I just don't know how you've managed to handle your patience with me for all these years." Hinata could only roll his eyes as the waitress came to take their order.

The rest of dinner seemed to go by faster then it should have, and it only made Hinata more and more nervous as time went by.

So when the bill had been payed and Komaeda looked about ready to leave, Hinata knew it was time.

"Well then, should we go now Haji-"

"Actually, wait Nagito." He said way too quickly, grabbing onto Komaeda's left hand, who looked at him confused. "Um, w-well, there's something I want to ask you..."

"Hajime? Are you, ok?"

"This is it, don't back out now!"

Without saying a word, Hinata got up from his chair and stood in front of Komaeda, still holding onto his hand. "N-Nagito, you're one of the most important people in my entire life. We grew up together, and even through all the rough times we've had, we managed to always stay together and laugh together, even to this day. I seriously can't imagine how my life would have turned out if I had never met you. So..."

Hesitantly, Hinata reached into his front pocket, pulling out the small box and getting on one knee. At that moment he heard others in the restaurant, including Komaeda himself, gasp as he open the box, revealing the silver ring.

"Komaeda Nagito, will you m-marry me?"

For a moment, everything seemed to be silent, and time seemed to have stopped. Komaeda stared at him, eyes wide and mouth slightly parted like a fish. "A-are..."

It was at this moment where Hajime suddenly began to panic. "Fuck fuck fuck, I knew this was a bad idea, I shouldn't have done this, what was I thinking-"

"Are... you sure about what you're doing, Hajime?"

"... Huh?"

Hinata looked up at Komaeda. He had one hand covering his mouth as tears began to stream down his face. Fuck. Komaeda almost never cried anymore.

"A-are you s-sure that you want to m-marry scrum like me? I-I just can't u-understand why someone so kind, s-so generous, so h-hopeful like you w-want to be with s-someone like m-me. I just don't get it..."

"N-Nagito, please, look at me." Using his free hand, Hinata caressed one side of Komaeda's face. He looked at him, tears streaming down his face and a look of confusing plastered on it. Hinata reassured him with a gentle smile. "You're the only person I want to ever fall in love with. Like I said, you're the most important person in my life, and I wouldn't want it any other way. And I want it to be that way, forever."

And with those words, Komaeda flung himself into Hinata's arms, holding onto him in a strong but warm hug. "Then yes, yes I will marry you, Hinata Hajime." Hinata happily returned the hug, before finally slipping the ring on to Komaeda's ring finger.

Everyone in the restaurant was clapping, some even going up to them to congratulate them both on their engagement. In a way, if was sort of embarrassing, maybe it would have been a better idea to propose in a more private area, but that didn't matter.

With a wide smile still on his face, Hinata looked at Komaeda, who had a smile just had wide as his. "Ah, wait." Hinata said, catching his new fiancee's attention. He grabbed a napkin from their table and wiped away the stray tears that remained on his face. "Much better."

Komaeda could only laugh as he was pulled into another hug, his engagement ring glistening brightly under the lights of the restaurant.