Time to Sleep - Drabble #8

Hinata felt his eyelids begin to feel heavy and his focus begin to weaver as he tried to read the paragraph in his textbook.

Frustrated, he groaned and rubbed his eyes in an attempt to get rid of the sleepiness. His clock read 2:03 a.m. and he knew he shouldn't be up this late, but he couldn't afford to fail his final exam in English.

He had tried his very best to keep his grade up in this particular class, but now even a B- on this would result in his grades lowering significantly, and he wasn't going to let that happen.

It wasn't until there was a knock on his door did he look up from his textbook after what seemed like hours.

"Who the hell is up at this hour...?" The boy mumbled to himself, although he wasn't one to talk.

Getting up from his desk, Hinata opened the door, only to reveal the white hair and pale complexion that was his best friend.

"Ko? What are you doing here up so late?" Hinata asked, rubbing his eyes once more to make sure he wasn't just delirious.

Komaeda stood in front of him, wearing only pajama bottoms and a white t-shirt, and looking like he had just woken up due to how messed up his hair looked then usual. Also, he looked to be quite annoyed.

"I could be asking you the same thing, it's too late to be up studying at this hour Hinata-kun." Komaeda responded with, folding his arms across his chest. "If someone as hopeful as you doesn't get enough sleep then they just might up falling asleep during testing tomorrow!"

Hinata blinked, before groaning in annoying. "Shut up, I already know that. But I prefer staying up studying and drinking 10 cups of coffee in the morning than to fail this test Ko." He made his way back to his desk and sat down, instantly looking back at the paragraph he had read over a hundred times already.

Suddenly, the book slammed shut in his face. "H-hey!" He looked up at Komaeda, who had a tired and apologetic smile on his face.

"I'm sorry Hinata-kun, but you just get some sleep. You've been studying ever since I left for my room, and that was at 8:00 pm." Hinata looked at him, before finally giving up to exhaustion and shoving the textbook into his bag.

"Y-yeah, you're right I should get some sleep." Hinata stood up and faced Komaeda, who had a look in relief in his face. "Thanks Ko, I guess I'm just really nervous for this test."

Komaeda smiled at him, the same smile that Hinata had loved since they were kids and that always managed to calm down his nerves. "Don't be nervous Hinata-kun. Someone like you who is very smart and brimming with hope will overcome any despair that this test would ever bring you!"

Hinata sighed, not even trying this time due to how tired he was. "Whatever you say Ko, but seriously, thanks. Now go and get some sleep too."

Komaeda smiled and went out the door. "Right right, goodnight Hinata-kun!"

"Goodnight Komaeda." Hinata said before shutting and locking his door behind him and making straight way for his bed. Turning off the lights, he nuzzled into the comfort of his blankets, thinking about Komaeda.

Despite how he never really making much sense, Hinata couldn't help but appreciate his best friend's concern for him. It's always been like that for as long as he could remember, with Komaeda worrying more about Hinata than his actual self. It was a bad habit of his, but Hinata was thankful nonetheless.

And so, in his sleepy state, Hinata's last thought was "Thank you, Nagito." before he fell into blissful sleep.