Acceptance

Hinata looked up at the tall school building in front of him, a look of determination and pride graced his face.

Hope's Peak Academy, one of the world's most prestigious school. The school he had admired since he was just a small child. The school he had dreamed of going to in order to be successful in life. He stood in front of that very school, anxiousness, fear, yet excitement combined together in the pit of his stomach.

Although, he couldn't help but question one thing; what did he do in order to be excepted into the school he had admired for years?

He and his parents were already considering entering him into the Reserve Course Department, a new addition to the school that excepted ordinary students with no talent at the cost of an entrance exam, and an expensive entrance fee.

However, it soon came to Hinata's realization that there was no possible way his parents could afford to pay for his entrance, unless some serious measures were to be taken. And so, he had dropped the idea and thought of ever becoming a student of Hope's Peak Academy, much to his disappointment.

That was, until he received a letter in the mail, saying he had been accepted into the main department.

Hinata had been overjoyed, running over to Komaeda's house immediately and speaking excitedly as the other boy read the letter given to him. Hinata expected him to be happy as well, only to become more overjoyed as Komaeda walked away, and come back with another letter in hand. He had been accepted in as well.

"I thought you would be more excited about this Ko" Hinata had said, reading the letter over and over again. "You do know what this means right?! We get to be students together Komaeda! Aren't you happy for us??"

"Ah, well, you see Hinata-kun..." Komaeda started off, playing around with his hair as he looked down at the ground. "Um, I was actually thinking of declining the offer..."

"... huh?" Hinata managed to say, his previous excitement replaced with disappointment, and even a little bit of anger. Komaeda only shook his head, taking the letter back from Hinata. "I mean, seriously Hinata-kun? Super High School Level Good Luck? A school so hopeful and amazing such as Hope's Peak should receive better then some one like me. I can't go in and tante the campus with such a useless, worthless talents like mine. Besides..." Komaeda looked off into the side. "you'd be better off making new friends in a new place without scum like me."

Hinata didn't know what to feel, what to think, until he muttered out the words;

"If you're not going, then I'm not going either."

"What?" Komaeda instantly snapped his head back, looking at Hinata as if he had grown another head. "I mean, I have no real reason to be going anyway, right? The letter doesn't even state my supposed 'talent', so what's the point of accepting the invite?"

"T-that's..." Komaeda stuttered, unknowing of what to see to that. Hinata only sighed, locking his eyes  greenish-yellow eyes into Komaeda's green ones. "Listen Komaeda, I honestly don't trust letting you go to another school without me being there with you. I would be worried sick all the time, not to mention probably guilt ridden to be at such an amazing school without any real purpose. But you do, they want you to go there as the Super High School Level Good Luck, and even though I barley understand it myself, there's no real reason for you to say no dammit! So if you're not going, then I'm not going either."

Hinata finished, feeling a bit proud of himself as he left Komaeda speechless. The two stood there in completely silence, before Komaeda sighed in defeat, letting out a barely audible 'I'll think about it...' as he turned around and sulked back to his room, Hinata following after him.

It was only a few days later when the two of them accepted the offer together.

Now, the two best friends stood together and looked up at the building they had always admired. They both basked in comfortable silence, before Komaeda interrupted with a grunt and shaking of his head. "I still think this is a bad idea."

"Too bad, it's too late to back out now."

"Or is it?" Komaeda said, a smirk forming on his lips. "For all we know,
I can still get expelled somehow, or the school can realize just how much of a handful I can really-"

"Ok, no, no, no, no Komaeda. That's why I'm here with you. To make sure you stay out of trouble." Hinata interrupted, scolding the other. "We're both in this together, and we're gonna get through it all until the day we graduate and leave, alright?"

"I... suppose so." Komaeda reluctantly agreed. Hinata smiled, walking up ahead of him. "Ok then, let the next 4 years of our lives begin!"

Komaeda went after him, a small smile on his lips as he follow the person he admired out of everyone the most.