At the Playground - Drabble #7

Hinata had always love going to the park.

As an eight year old, he always made sure to make time in his day to go to the park and play with his friends for a few hours. He had an advantaged anyway, he lived right across the street from it.

So now that school was over for the summer and he had all the free time he wanted, the small boy spent his entire day at the park, play in the playground with other kids and having as much fun as he could.

It wasn't until a particular day that he meet the person who changed his life.

The park had been practically empty that day. It was an extremely hot day, so most kids would have spent it inside in from of a fan instead of in the scorching hot park. Not Hinata though.
Despite the incredibly hot weather, Hinata still made his way towards the park. The playground look barren, which was rather odd compared to when the park was usually alive with kids running around all over the place.

This also meant that Hinata got a playground to himself though.

Hinata smiled and made his way towards the swing set, which was almost always occupied with lucky kids who got to them first before anyone else. It had been a long time since he had been on the swings, and now it was his turn.

Has he approached the swing set, he stopped upon seeing a figure sitting on one of the swings. The figure looked to be a boy, about his age. He simply sat there on the swings kicking his feet at the ground. He had white, fluffy hair that poked out in all directions, and pale white skin that looked like it could burn easily under the strong rays of the sun.

Hinata looked at him for a bit, confused. He had never seen this boy at the park before, and that was saying a lot since he was always at the park, to the point where he knew everyone at this point. So who was this kid? Maybe he had just moved into the neighborhood?

The brunette stood there little while longer before making his way towards the free swing next to the boy.

At the sound of someone approaching, the white haired boy looked up. They meet eye to eye, his grey green eyes almost enchanting Hinata. A split second later the boy smiled. "Hello there!" He said enthusiastically. At the sight of his smile, Hinata relaxed a little bit and smiled a bit.

"U-um, hi." Hinata said nervously. "Are you new around here? I've never seen you around here before." He asked.

The boy looked down and looked at the ground again. "Yes, my family just moved here a few weeks ago, and I found out there was a park near by, so I came over." The boy looked up and frowned. "I thought there would be more kids here, but it's only you and me here." He said, almost sounding disappointed.

Hinata swung forward a bit in his swing, looking up ahead. "Well usually there is, I should know since I come here everyday. I think they're all inside though, it is pretty hot outside."

"Ahh, that makes sense, but" the boy tilted his head a little, "how come you decided to come here?"

"Well, I like coming here, even if it is super hot I'll still come and play for a little bit, plus I get everything to myself since no one is here." Hinata responded, pushing himself off the swing set. "Anyway, what's your name? Since you live around here now, we should become friends."

"F-friends?" The pale boy's eyes went wide, almost has if he had never heard that word before in his life. He was silent for a bit, before responding with "My name is Komaeda Nagito, it's nice to meet you."

Hinata looked at him confused at his reaction, before shaking it off and saying back "Hinata Hajime, it's nice to meet you too Komaeda."

"Hinata, that's a nice name." Komaeda said, the same smile has before reappearing on his face. "Is it alright if I call you Hinata-kun?"

Hinata smiled brightly, something about Komaeda's smile made him feel happy on the inside, and he appreciated it. "Yeah sure, that's fine, how about we play on the playground?"

Komaeda jumped off his swing and smiled more brightly than before. "Ok! Race you ahead!"

As the two boys ran to the playground, they smiled at each other, marking the beginning of their friendship.

It was truly a day that neither of them had never forgotten