47 Baby love

"jesus kid I missed you" Donnie said as he scooped me up in his arms.

The tears freely fell from my face, "I missed you, I want to spend every minute with you"

"get a room" buck said as he walked through the hotel suite in only his underwear and socks.

"God pops put on some clothes, I don't want Emily leaving me for you" Donnie joked.

"how was your flight son" buck asked as he sat on the sofa.

"it was OK, so what is this I've heard about you becoming a TV star" Donnie asked.

"your going to get him confused again , I've already tried to explain that he will be on the Internet not TV" I joked.

"So how will my buddies see it, us old timers would not be able to turn a computer on" buck replied.

"pops why would your friends want to see us arguing" I joked.

"I don't know why anyone would want to see my old mug, but Stuart and all those guys said I was a legend. They took me out for drinks last night" buck replied.

"you need to go get dressed if your coming to dinner with us" Donnie said.

"I'll pass you two have fun" buck replied. It wasn't like him to pass up a good meal but I was grateful he did. I was desperate for alone time with my husband.

I had planned a big night for us, Donnie and I walked hand in hand on the Vegas strip. It had been only a few days since I had seen Donnie but I missed him every minute.

I had bought us tickets to go see a popular magic show, Donnie was more excited than me though. The carefree excitable man I married was back. I was wearing flat sandals so Donnie was towering over me, if I was seeing us I would have laughed we looked so amusing. Donnie looked like he was walking his small daughter there was that much height difference between us.

"this show should be good, I have seen his show where he walked on a swimming pool. It was cool" Donnie said.

"I use to watch his show with my mum, I once saw him escape a building that was blown up." I replied, I would love to know how he did it. Even now all these years later I was confused.

"So what's been going on at home" I asked.

"nothing much I've been at the gym and practice, I went to the bar with some of the team Monday. Gina was there with Will."

"did she talk to you"

"she tried, I walked away" Donnie replied, he looked just as Angry as he had the day we found out.

"I wish she would just leave it now, I have no intentions of speaking to her again"

"I know kid, so how's pops been" Donnie asked.

"he drinks and gambles like he's at a bachelor party, other than that and stating his opinion loudly while we're filming he's been great, he actually mentioned wanting to move out here" I replied.

" and live where" Donnie asked.

" he wants to live in the assisted living home with his old marine buddy"

"I don't know how my dad would feel about that"

"I called him this morning and he's going to fly down at the weekend to see buck, hes going to take a look at the home too" I replied. The thought of Fred being alone in his big house was upsetting but buck deserved to live where he pleased.

We took our front row seats and waited for the show to Start. The illusionist angel took to the stage.

"hello Las Vegas, how is everyone this evening. Are we ready to be amazed. I've heard we have come celebrities on the front row" angel said into the microphone.

I looked at either side of me wondering who was the celebrity angel had mentioned. It wasn't until I saw Donnie and I on the big screen that I realised angel had meant us. I would never get used to this, I wasn't a celebrity I was just married to one.

"Emily you can be my first volunteer" angel said as he dispatched his stage hand to collect me.

"don't cut my wife in half" Donnie called jokingly.

"if there's 2 we can have a half each, weren't you taught to share" angel joked.

I walked shakily on to the stage , I pulled at the front of short dress. I definitely wasn't appropriately dressed to be stood so high up.

Angel was a beautiful man he had spiky black hair and hoops in his ears. All his clothes were black, he had sort of steam punk look to him.

"So for my first trick I'm going to make you disappear, please step into the large box and lay down" angel said suggestively as he smiled at the audience.

I was laid in the box listening to angel charm the crowd. The box was black other than a led light to my left. I won't ruin the trick but within minutes I had disappeared from the box and was sitting in the audience. It was amazing that no one had seen me return. Angel acted like the trick had gone wrong and that he couldn't bring me back. His performance was amazing, it wasn't until the spotlight hit me that everyone realised I was among them.

I made my way back to my own seat where Donnie was cheering loudly. Angels stage hand came and handed me two back stage passes for when the show ended. The show was fantastic the crowd was happily cheering and begging for angle to retake to the stage. I was glad buck hadn't come along he would have told us how each trick was done.

"are we going back stage" I asked as the crowd began to disperse.

"fuck yeah we are" Donnie replied.

We walked hand and hand to the stage. The entrance was surrounded by female groupies hoping to see the handsome magician. I showed our passes and followed Donnie into the small dimly lit lounge. The crew and stage hands were drinking from beer bottles. A lit joint was going around the room and Donnie refused, he could possibly be randomly drug tested at work so there was no way he would risk smoking it and after everything with the pain meds I wouldn't have let him if he had wanted to. Donnie passed it over me and to angel who was my left.

"do you not want any" angel said as he held it between hid long fingers.

I considered it for the briefest moment but decided against it, I don't think Donnie would have been happy. I hadn't touched any drugs in years so I didn't see the need to risk the dependency returning.

We enjoyed drinking games with everyone I happened to glance at a clock and see it was after 2 in the morning. Donnie and I said our goodbyes and caught a cab.

Buck was asleep on his bed when we returned, we quickly undressed and made fast passionate love in our bed.

I was woken by Donnie sleep talking, I sat and watched him for a few moment I couldn't understand what he was talking about.

"Please lets have a baby" he said as clear as day.

Oh shit were back to this again.

NEXT CHAPTER TUESDAY 9AM