21 The passanger

I spent the drive home thinking about my hectic life and deciding what I would do. I had some choices to make, I had only know Donnie a few weeks but it felt like it could be the start of something real. I didn't want to give up my career for a man, all I had ever wanted was a job that could keep a roof over my head and make sure I didn't have to struggle like my mother had.

I walked up to my door, the loud cheering coming from the house was deafening it pulled me out of my self wallowing. I opened the door and saw will and Donnie nursing beers and watching football. Will didn't notice my arrival but Donnie turned straight at me and smiled. I just melted right there in the doorway.

"you guys hungry" I asked.

Donnie left the sofa and followed me to the kitchen, he kissed my cheek before he slapped my bottom.

"starving, you want to order" Donnie asked.

"Ill make something, there's loads of food that will go to waste if I don't cook it" I explained.

I took the necessary ingredients to make stir-fry and started to cook. Stir fry was quick and easy so it was the perfect choice. It would give me more time to spend with the two men in my life. I've never had a brother so I can't be sure but what will and I have is what I would expect a sibling relationship to be like.

We ate from bowls and watched the game, I was a little tired so I excused myself and went to bed. Donnie joined shortly afterwards.

"it was a nice surprise you being here" I whispered as I snuggled into him.

"well I'm playing away Saturday so I will hardly see you this week, promise me you will leave Sunday free for me" Donnie pleaded so I had no option but to agree, I would have to work every night during the week so I could accommodate Donnie. I had to be flexible If we had any chance of working.

We retired to my bed not long after we went to my room , we cuddled into each other and I fell to sleep almost immediately. While I was a little disoriented but I could swear I had heard him say he loved me. Or maybe it was wishful thinking.

----------------------------------------------
The first week of school was hard I hadn't enjoyed it as much as I had expected. I hadn't been able to see Donnie all week, we would speak and even go on Web Cam but I missed him.

Donnie offered to send a car to pick me up for Saturdays game but I refused, I wanted to go in my car then I could listen to my audio book. I hadn't had time to read the book for my English literature class so I hoped the audio book would suffice. Fitting everything in was as difficult as I had expected.

The La clippers were playing only a few hours out of LA, so it wasnt too bad of a drive.

I struggled to get a parking space as the arena was so busy. I had never attended a game without will so I wasn't sure I would know the rules. This was only the second game I had caught. I had been working at his last game so I couldn't get there. I really wasn't the best girlfriend.

I bought myself a clippers vest, I obviously chose Donnies number. I slipped it on over my strappy vest and proceeded to the concession stand to but a beer. I definitely wasn't like any of the other players partners but I didn't care, I wanted to be comfy and enjoy the game.

The game was fantastic, the clippers won by 2 points. The crowd was ecstatic, I was sat next to brians girlfriend Colene. We hugged each other as the game concluded, she had explained some of the rules to me during the game she seemed to enjoy the game as much as the fans.

Donnie spotted me as he prepared to leave the court, he ran to me and pulled me into the air. He kissed me hard on the mouth and tugged at my vest.

" I like this, you should wear this tonight. Only this" he whispered.

The familiar heat Donnie gave me returned to my groin, if I could have jumped on him then I would have. The press would have a field day could you even imagine.

He let me go and started to walk away then he turned and called  "meet me at the conference room in an hour I will travel back with you"

Paige, Colene and I shared drinks while we waited for our men. We gossiped and joked they both seemed really kind. I told them about my job and school. I complained at how I had struggled to make time for Donnie.

"So what makes you the happiest" colleen asked in her thick British accent.

"I love my job and I love, I mean I like Donnie. But I always wanted to go to college" I explained

"what are your career goals " Paige asked.

I thought about her questions, I was studying to be in advertising but in truth I loved dancing and that's what I wanted to do. I wanted dancing to be my career.

"well I'll be damned I guess I don't need to college to be a dancer"

The girls laughed "I guess not" they said in unison making them laugh more.

..........................

Donnie met me and walked with me to my car. to say he didn't like my beetle was an understatement.

"what the fuck is this" he asked, he did not look impressed. He had turned his nose up in disgust. I was a little offended by his reaction.

"is your car in the shop" he asked in a serious tone.

I looked at him like he had asked a stupid question before I replied "this is my car"

"this death trap, kid it's the ugliest effing car I have ever seen and I use to own a Pontiac Aztek" he replied with a shake of his head.

I rolled my eyes, it was amusing watching him fit his 6"8 body into the seat, he had to push the seat all the way back to even fit.

"your ruining my street cred kid, that guy over there just filmed me getting in this hunk of junk. It will be on Perez Hiltons page by morning" he huffed. I could only imagine how hilarious that photo would be.

"you can walk" I said as stern as I could manage, I liked my car. I didn't like they he was mocking it. It meant a lot to me that I had been able to buy it with my own money. My mom and I would have given anything for a car when I was growing up so I appreciated it more now.

That shut him up, he changed the cd and put on my meatloaf album, he made me laugh when he sang. He sang like no one was listening. His good mood was infectious I found myself singing too.

"I'm dropping out of school Monday" I mentioned casually. I was quite nervous of how he would react so I said it as quietly as I could.

"why"

"well I'm not really enjoying it I love my dancing and that's what I want to do with my life so why waste my time in school. That time is better spent dancing" I paused.

"or with you" I said quietly.

Donnie didn't speak for a moment, I hadn't thought how he would feel. I hoped he didn't think I was a gold digger and that I was giving up school In a bid for his money.

"I know I should be talking you out of leaving but honestly that's the best news I've heard all week. I've hated not seeing you and it seems crazy spending all that time there if you already have the job you want" Donnie was ecstatic, I was happy that he had missed me like I had him. Things looked like they were going to work out for the first time in my life.

It's strange to think singing along to an old album with a man I hardly knew could make me so happy. Maybe I would finally get my happily ever after.