10 California dreaming

I put the address Tammy had given me in my google map app and drove until I came to the bar where I had a job lined up. I was happy that I could continue to dance, I had become to love dancing. After Andrew and I split I found a professional dance class and was getting good enough that I did my own choreography now. Dancing was a release for me it was my therapy.

I looked up at the club and checked the sat nav to be sure I was at the right place, it assured me that I was.
The club could not be any further from what I had been use to. It was a modern looking building that had the name blue room scrawled neatly above the door. There were no neon lights or photos of naked women on the walls. It looked classy and discreet. It was double the size of Tammy's club. I walked inside and was surprised to see mahogany cladding on the walls and delicate chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The bar filled the back wall, it was fully stocked I hadn't known there were so many different brands of liquor. Mahogany tables and red leather arm chairs covered the floor. I walked in further to explore, the stage was huge it had a pole in the middle and a runway that came into the crowd. Red velvet drapes hung in the windows, it really was classy.

"you like" a deep voice asked from behind me.

I turned a saw a tall tanned man with white hair propped up on the bar.

"it's like no strip club I've ever seen" I replied.

"this isn't a strip club it's a gentleman's club. You must be Emily"

"I'm Patrick" he said as he offered me hid hand.

" hi, thanks for seeing me" I took his offered hand and shook it firmly.

I followed Patrick into his office that was located behind the bar. It was clean and modern just like the rest of the club. He sat on the large leather couch and gestured for me to join him.
"I'm not going to make you audition, Tammy said you were the best she had ever seen and I know how hard she is to please"

"I just want be clear on a few off my rules, I do everything by the book. I know you worked for tammy when you were underage. I can't do that here. Do you have ID" he asked.

I fished in my bag for the envelope that held my drivers licence and birth certificate, I had even written my social security number on the front.

"thorough" he said as he looked at what I gave him.

"18 last week, is that right" he asked.

"it Is, I can tell you now that I am the hardest working 18 year old you have ever met" I told him quickly. I needed this job I didnt have as much cash as i would have liked, I had used most of my savings paying my hospital bills.

"Tammy backed you up on that, she told me you had never been late in the 2 and a half years you worked for her. She did tell me there had been an issue with cocaine. I have a zero tolerance policy on drugs" he said sternly.

I looked at him nervously, I was embarrassed that he knew so much about my past. "I haven't touched it in over 6 months" I assured him.

"there will be random drug testing" he warned. I was embarrassed that he knew so much about me and my past mistakes. It had been hard giving up my coke habit but with help I managed.

"OK, so when do I start" I asked, I really needed to start working. I only had enough money to stay in the hotel for a week or so.

"I wish all my girls had your enthusiasm, can you do the morning shift tomorrow. It's usually busy Sunday morning"

"Sunday morning" I repeated, that was an unusual time for it to be busy.

"wife's are at church then making their family lunch" he joked.