26 I heard it through the grapevine

" your so stubborn em" Gina chastised.
I rolled my eyes at her and continued driving, everyone always said that i was stubborn but that's not the case I'm just independent. Well I try to be independent it's not that easy when Donnie is in my life.

"I'm not stubborn, I like my place" I replied.

"em your engaged and you stay with him most nights anyway, just move in with him" Gina argued.

"it's his place,  I couldn't afford to pay towards anything. It's like a palace. I don't want him to keep me" why could no one understand.

"don't talk shit, he doesn't expect you to pay towards. He wants to live with you he loves you. What are you going to do when you get married,  will you live separately then" Gina snapped.

"your selfish em, Donnie loves you and wants to share his life with you. He wants you to live with him and marry him but you always have to make things difficult. Why won't you let him look after you" my friend will was joining in on the argument now.

"I dont need him to look after me" I whispered, I was starting to feel like a small child that was being scolded by her mother.

"think of it this way, you cost Donnie more by not living with him" Gina said.

I took my eyes off the road and quickly looked at her skepticaly.

"how do you work that out" I asked.

Gina was starting to get frustrated with me I could hear it in her voice " does he or does he not pay for security to be at your place to keep you safe"

"I told him not to" I argued. Donnie and I had argued the week before about it. It had been our first argument I hated it but the making up was fun.

"Emily he loves you and wants to marry you. He wants to live with you and share his life and his money. Everyone knows your not with him for the money or the lifestyle so you don't have to deny yourself for them. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. I respect you more than anyone,  you have worked hard and have never asked for help and that's great. But now you have the chance to be happy with Donnie don't let your pride ruin it. If Donnie wants to buy you gifts let him. You know it makes him happy. If you don't change you will lose him" I listened to ginas speech and to some extent I agreed. I did love Donnie and we had argued about me not accepting his gifts. Donnie said I had a thick skull and that I would never back down. He was right. I snook a look at Will and he was nodding in agreement.

"OK i will move in with him. I love him I really do I just don't want to have everything and lose it. I'm not strong enough" I said as I pulled up infront of my apartment. Losing Donnie would destroy me.

"let's go pack"

I looked at her in confusion I had only just agreed and she already had me moving out.

"will said I could have you room when you moved out" she smiled slyly at me. The sneak had defiantly had ulterior motives for pushing me to move out.

"you bitch, jump in my grave won't you" I joked.

I told the security Donnie had hired of of my plans to surprise Donnie so they helped me pack. Donnie was playing away so I would have time to move in his home and be there for when he returned.

I left my furniture and decorations for  Gina to make use of, Donnies home had been fully furnished by a interior designer so my things were not needed. His home was clean and modern but somehow it still felt lived in. it wasn't like a piece of art that had no personality. I loved spending time in Donnies home and soon I would be living there with him.

With the help of John the security guard I managed to move my things into Donnies home by 9 that night. I had received a text saying he was going out with the guys to celebrate the teams win and that he would call the following day. I told him I had a surprise waiting for him in his house when he returned but I would not tell him what.  I unpacked my things and put them in the walk in closet in the spare room as Donnie had the space in our shared room. No doubt he would make room for my things When he returned, he was considerate like that. I slept in our bed and hugged his cushion and thought of him and how complete he had made me. I always told myself I didn't need a man but I really couldn't imagine my life without him.

I woke around 7 so I went to the gym in the basement to continue perfecting Donnies birthday dance. I finally finished and went upstairs to get a bottle of water. I made my usual breakfast of half a grapefruit and a slice of brown toast and sat at the table to read the news on my phone. This had been Donnies routine but I had adopted it,  it meant we had more time together.

"what the fuck" this had to be a mistake. I couldn't believe what I was seeing I wanted to look away but I couldn't.

"this has to be a joke" talking to myself wasn't a good sign. I stared at the revolting image that filled my screen. It burnt my eyes but I couldn't look away.
"you bastard" I said before I threw my phone at the living room wall. I left my breakfast and ran upstairs, I quickly packed a bag and put on a jacket. I ran to my car I was glad to see that no photographers were aware of my recent move, I was able to flee in peace. I didn't know where to go,  I could go back to wills apartment but Gina had moved her things in immediately after my departure. I needed to go somewhere I could be on my own.  I couldn't see anyone I couldn't deal with the vultures circling above me fighting to pick at my flesh.

........

I sped through Hollywood until I finally couldn't drive because of the tears that were filling my eyes. I quickly pulled into the first travel lodge hotel I could see. I hid my car in the far carpark and went to book a room.

I walked in the room I had been given and collapsed to my bed. The tears were thick and fast now, I could hardly believe this was happening.

How could this be true, if I hadn't seen the photo I would not have believed it. But i had seen the photo proof, the thought of it made me sick .

Donnie had kissed another woman last night and I had to witness it in the Sunday newspaper. He didn't even have the decency to tell me himself. I felt utterly betrayed I had opened myself up for him totally. I had broken all my rules for him, I had let my guard down. I had moved into his fucking house against my better judgement. Now all my shit was at his place , somewhere I didn't plan on going near again.

My heart had literally been ripped from my chest, I wasn't sure I could survive.

NEXT CHAPTER SUNDAY 9AM