24 Marry you

I was stood looking down at him, I couldn't speak. All I could do was to try and stay upright. I thought I would faint, a hundred pair of eyes were burning into my skin. I needed to speak it had been too long. The smile was slowly slipping off his face, he looked at me. I could see the concern etched on his face, I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. I couldn't leave him hanging much longer. It was embarrassing for him, I loved him this should be an easy answer. For most girls this would be a dream come true but I'm not every girl. I thought about how much I loved this man and how happy he made me. His soulful eyes were pleading for an answer.

I nodded, a huge smile lit up his face. I found myself mirroring him. He pulled me into my arms and spun me around before kissing me.

"yes, yes I will" I screamed. My eyes started leaking once again. I had never believed a happy ending was for me. I thought of my mother and how happy she would be.

Donnie placed a large diamond ring on my finger, it was huge. I swear my hand dropped a little it was so heavy. I looked into the crowd and saw everyone smiling and cheering. Donnies mother was crying happily into a handkerchief. Patrick was smiling and comforting her.

"So Is this one of those engagements that never lead to marriage" I asked.

"no way kid, I want you to be Mrs Johnson as quick as possible" Donnie was literally glowing, he looked so happy. I had been dubious at first but now I was as happy as him. I knew getting married was a big deal but we would have years to get to know each other more. I had years before we would wed.

"congratulations, let's see the ring" Tammy called as we stepped off the stage.

Women flocked around me while the men hit Donnies back and congratulated him.

"your amazing" I whispered to him.

He smiled and simply replied "I know"

....

My party was a big success, it was still going strong when Donnie and I retired to our room at 2.

We were so tired that we didn't have the energy to change we just slept in our underwear. We slept in each others arms we didn't make love that night but it was just as loving and intimate as if we had. I woke up to a tray being placed on the bed, Donnie had ordered us champagne, strawberry's and pancakes. We sat and fed each other, it was already the best birthday I had ever had.

"have I told you I love you" I whispered as I forked the last of the pancakes in his open mouth.

"'not today kid" he mumbled.

"I love you, your amazing."

....................................

The next week wasn't quite as nice as expected, my birthday surprise was postponed due to Buck being ill. We wouldn't have enjoyed ourselves as we would have been too worried about buck. Things went from bad to worse after photos of Donnie eating jell-o shots off a woman's bare chest were released i obviously went crazy and trashed his car, not my finest moment. Luckily we were able to work things out and finally celebrate my birthday.

Donnie had told me that he had more surprises in store for me. I didn't know what else he could have possibly planned. He had already spoilt me too much.

We dressed in the outfits he had chosen and left our room, the limo was waiting at the doors when we exited.

We drove to a small private airport. I was more than a little excited. We pulled up by a small jet and Donnie held my hand and guided me to the jets steps. I could feel my knees shaking.

" I'm nervous" I said.

"it's under 5 hours" Donnie explained.

"really where are we going then" I asked.

"Miami, just for the night. We both have work tomorrow. I thought we could spend the day on the beach and have some Cuban food. Plus your birthday present is waiting for you" Donnie replied. He has a cheeky glint in his eye, he was up to something. I thought I had received my birthday gift, he had totally spoilt me.

"you gave me loads of gifts last night"

Donnie ignored me and just smiled. The 5 hour flight wasnt so bad, it seemed like a total waste of money for  the two of us but I didn't argue.

We got a taxi from the private airstrip to the sea front. We strolled hand in hand on the beach, the warm sand heated our feet. The sea lapped at our toes, it was like paradise. We stopped at a Cuban bar and drank Cuba Libres while we listened to authentic music.

"it's great in here" I shouted over the music. He told me had lived here when he was younger and had always loved the atmosphere. We walked along the street and bought little trinkets from the stalls. We ate churros and talked. It was a quiet relaxing day,  just what we needed after the party we had last night.

"time for your present" Donnie said,  he held my hands and guided me to a big car park. There was a silver Porsha boxer, it was beautiful there was a huge bow on the roof.

"happy birthday kid, do you like it" Donnie whispered in my ear.

I'm sure I should have been jumping in the air,  most people would be if they had just been given a car. It was way too much, I didn't want him spending all of his money on me. He had spent enough yesterday.

"I can't accept that" my voice was quiet. I was nervous,  I didn't want to offend him but I could not accept such an expensive gift.

"you can, and you will."

"you gave me enough at my birthday, more than enough." I was annoyed I didn't need him to spend money on me I was happy with the time we spent together.
"people already think that I'm a gold digger, it's just going to get worse when I show up in diamonds an a convertible" I fumed.

Donnie took my jaw in his hands, he put his face close to mine "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of us,  I love you and If I want to buy my woman things that she doesn't have then I will"

I opened my mouth to object but the look on his face warned me not to.

He continued " if I want to buy you a car I will,  I can't stand to think of you driving that piece of  junk if anything was to happen it would kill me. So really I'm buying the car for myself,  so I can concentrate at work" he smiled at me and with that the conversation was done. I had no choice but to accept it, I felt cheap. I didn't want him to keep spending his money on me.

"thank you" I said before I kissed him cheek.

"your welcome,  thank you for accepting it without too much of a fight" he joked. Donnie knew I hated him spending so much on me,  we had argued about it more than once.

"you can drive us to the hotel" he joked as he thew me the keys. I don't know why I had made such a big deal this car was amazing and it was such a smooth ride. I think I was so use to scrimping by and providing for myself I struggled letting some of the control go.

We stayed at a beautiful rustic hotel by the sea, it was not as luxurious as the one we stayed at the night before but it was more my style. It had a simple Cuban feel, the entertainment was wonderful we sat in the bar and enjoyed watching the dancers. Donnie took my hand and pulled me up to dance with him. Donnie was a bit of a clumsy dancer, he was extremely tall so it wasn't easy for him to dance with me,  I was only 5,7 so we're hardly compatible on the dancefloor.

I didn't care that we looked like laurel and Hardy when we danced together, I just cared that I was with him. He spun me around clumsily and I knocked into a table.

A big pair of hands helped me to my feet,  I was a little dizzy so I appreciated his help.

"thank you so much" I said kindly as I patted down my dress.

"anytime Brooklyn" I recognise the voice immediately and my skin goes cold.

NEXT CHAPTER FRIDAY 9AM