Chapter Forty-four

After this I won't be able to update for a few weeks

Jack Gilinsky :

These past couple weeks have been the most calm my life had ever been, in almost four years. There was no drama, no jail, no breakups, no abuse; things just were okay almost perfect. That for one was never normal for me, but I liked it, it gave me peace at mind that maybe Blair and I had finally settled and were ready to be together and for a commitment to a relationship.

It was very clear that her and I both like each other, we live together, and she practically sleeps with my every night. I don't see why I wouldn't ever ask her to be my girlfriend, then ask her to be my fiancée and then my wife. Blair was just perfect for me, the girl I want and the girl I need.

Blair pops into my bathroom as I was brushing my teeth to say goodbye, her and Nat were going out for breakfast after she took Mac to school. "I'm leaving now, please make sure to pick up the stuff you dropped on my floor baby. I'll be back this afternoon" she said with a smile, I went to give her a kiss and she back up shaking her head. "You have toothpaste in your mouth that's nasty" she giggled, craning herself back more.

I laughed spitting out the toothpaste and rinsing my mouth, "now can I get a kiss?" I asked, pretending to pout. She smiled hard "you can get more than a kiss" she winked, pecking my lips quickly rushing out before she ended up staying with me.

I went down to the kitchen to see Johnson eating a bowl of cereal. "What are you doing today?" I ask, grabbing a bottle of water out the fridge. "Nothing, why?" He asked, finishing up his cereal and putting his bowl in the sink. "Do you want to come ring shopping with me?" I ask, grabbing the keys.

His jaw dropped "marriage? you two aren't even dating" he said, becoming very shocked making me laugh. "No you idiot, a promise ring. Clearly I'm not going to propose to her" I say, smacking his head a little. He laughed letting out a deep breath "thank god, I'm single still you can date but you can't get married" he joked making me laugh. "But I'll go, give me a second" he says, before jogging upstairs and quickly coming back with his wallet.

Walking into the jewelers it smelled of silver and money, it wasn't that packed but it was also eight am so I didn't expect it to be. "What can I do for you gentle men today?" The lady behind the counter asked, flashing us a smile. she defiantly had braces in her life.  "I'm looking to buy a promise ring for my girlfriend" I say, making Johnson look up at me with a smirk "girlfriend aye?" He messes me with nudges me side.

The girl behind the counter and I laugh "she's kind of my girlfriend, it's a long complicated story" I explain, giving a look to Johnson afterwards making him shrug. "It's fine I totally get it, I've definitely been in that situation before" she tells me, lightening the mood. She was young but older than us, I'd say maybe twenty-four.

"So promise rings? They're right over here" she says, leading us across to store to a medium sized case. It was filled with small to large promise rings different styles, colors, and diamonds. I smiled to myself scanning over the case thinking about how much I hoped and thought Blair would enjoy this. I planned a perfect date for us. It's a surprise.

Johnson, Nat, and Matthew would come over and take care of Mac and chill. While Blair and I went out on a romantic date, and then I'd show her the ring and ask her to be my girlfriend.

I scanned the whole case and came across the very last one. It was simple, but it looked beautiful and I pictured it on her hand and it looked perfect. It was a band with diamonds in it, she would love this one. I called the lady over and had her ring it up. "This s a good choice, your girlfriend-ish person is going to love it" she tells us, joking around. I thanked her as Jack and I said goodbye, before leaving and heading back home.