Chapter Four.

Continued

-

Jack and I sat in a two seater table in the back of IHOP. My nerves were getting the best of me, and my left leg was shaking uncontrollably.

I couldn't help it.

"Blair, calm down" Jack told me, bringing a smile to his face trying to ease the tension.

I shook my head, and looked out the window in front of me and behind Jack shaking my leg. We decided to wait and talk till our food was brought to us.

I was anxious for food. One, I was starving two, I wanted to talk with Jack. My food was taking forever and I was slightly irritated but it wasn't ihops fault.

-

Shortly my food was brought to the table. French toast, with orange juice and toast. It was simple and would fill me up enough for hours on end.

I immediately began eating my breakfast, as well as Jack did. It was silent for awhile, till Jack worked up the nerve to begin to conversation.

I looked up from my food, and wiped my mouth giving him my full attention. I wanted to make sure I heard everything correctly.

"So tell me" I say, encouraging him.

"I want to apologize for never talking to you after I left on tour. It was wrong for me to do that; I just figured if I left you alone it would be easier to get over you and for you to get over me" he began.

I never got over you fully.

"It was awfully selfish for me to put you in the situations I did in high-school. With tilly and hurting you, and asking you to come with me when I knew you had to finish school. I want you to know that i never meant to do that to you" he adds to his apology.

He took a deep sigh and shut his eyes tightly pinching the bridge of his nose.

He looked like he couldn't find words, I couldn't find words either. Everything was jumbled up in my mind and it was making me distorted.

"Blair" he whispers.

I look up from my orange juice, and at him.

"I have a girlfriend" he blurts out.

My head starts spinning and I turn light-headed quickly. He's done this before, why am I not used to this? Why am I not used to not being good enough for him?

I'll never be good enough for him.

"Take me home" I snap, standing up and shoving my chair back.

I quickly walk past the people in the restaurant, and outside. I leaned my head on the window, it was spinning way to fast and those words

"I have a girlfriend" repeated in my head over and over again.

I hated hearing those words out of jacks mouth, because they were never once about me. He never made me his girlfriend, I was just some girl he strings alone and is with when its convenient got him.

I hated that.

"Blair please understand" Jack pleads, walking out of the restaurant.

"I understand perfectly Jack" I scoff, tears forming in my eyes.

I close my eyes letting each one of them fall before opening my eyes up again.

"I understanding I'll never be good enough for you" I whisper, before getting into the jeep.